Kala KA-T with Worth Brown Low G strings

JerryR

Reaction score
Hi all,

My mother has a Kala KA-T and she would like me to put Worth Brown Low G strings on it as she likes the tone of my Uke with them.

I had mine done when I bought it from The Ukulele Site.. So I'm not sure if anything needed adjusting? I'm a new player so not sure if I can just make the swap as is or not.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Basically, you can just re string a uke with whatever strings you like. :)

I have a Kala KA-T & I've tried about 5 different string sets on it without any problems, so I'd say go ahead & do it.
(If you take off the strings carefully, you can re use them later.)

Basically, you can just re string a uke with whatever strings you like. :)

I have a Kala KA-T & I've tried about 5 different string sets on it without any problems, so I'd say go ahead & do it.
(If you take off the strings carefully, you can re use them later.)

I agree with Keith above^.

The Kala KA-T was the first uke I bought. I still have it. I played that beast every day for like 2 hrs in the first yr I had it and now it seems to sound even better than when it was new. These are great ukes, and out of the box needed no setup.

I had Worth Browns on it, with a low-g, (BT-LG set) and the sound was sweet and full and very nice.

Note that it will take about 20 hrs of total play time (string vibration) for the strings to settle to pitch and not require lots of re-tuning, so when you restring it, and tune it up, if it sits in the corner and is only played for 10 mins per day, it's gonna take weeks for the strings to settle.

I do advise NOT PULLING on the strings to stretch them as this can ruin them and create thin spots on the strings which will ruin your intonation. String vibration 'from playing' is the best way to stretch the strings naturally.

Best of luck with the string change. :)

Top Bottom