Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 284 Time to sing along

I want to play. I'm returning from the mountains today. Back in the real world. Maybe I was in the real world and now I'm returning to my fantasy life.

You want a 30-40 minute medley? Or have I misunderstood ?
    --
    www.robineshaw.wordpress.com - the website for my musical antics

Put your pin in the seasonista map at http://tinyurl.com/qb7zk8z

Caramel zebrawood acoustic sopranino
    Kala KA-SEME
    CBSKY Pro music series plastic uke
    Tanglewood TU-6 natural

SPOTSIOMPIT

I hope this is the kind of thing you were looking for, Geoff, because it's the longest thing I've ever done and it was almost like work. A bunch of first stanzas and choruses for some gospel songs, all of which I have sung (one at a time) at the nursing home, except for "Sing to Me of Heaven," which I haven't done there yet, and the residents there sing along to all of these. Almost all in G, except for one song that I had to drop to F to hit the high note, and "dramatic" key changes for the ending. Sorry about the length, everyone, but at least now I'm one-third of the way to my 30 minutes!

Lyrics included for singing along, if you want. All the chords are pretty simple.

Video recorded with my phone, audio recorded with Goldwave and my Blue Snowball mic on the "room" setting.

I learned something by doing this. Next time I should make a list of first lines instead of a list of song titles. I had to cheat and look at the lyrics a couple of times because I couldn't remember the first lines.
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Wafflesquirt View Post
    You want a 30-40 minute medley? Or have I misunderstood ?
    You have misunderstood. 2-3 minute medleys are fine - or shorter if you wish. The 30 - 40 minute represents the maximum total length of all the medleys should you wish to submit several.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Quote Originally Posted by Recovering Bassist View Post
    I tweaked and changed it some, but this is a version of a train song medley Boxcar Willie did on a regular basis. I used to hear him sing it on the Grand Ole Opry, and it always got a great response, and I always liked hearing it. He was such a crowd pleaser anyways, but I always noticed people were singing and clapping along during this. If I ever got brave enough to attempt a nursing home gig, or something of that ilk, this would probably be a good medley to do. This was my third take on this, not close to perfect I know, but I kept this one.
    I think nursing homes are probably among the easiest audiences you will ever encounter. The residents are so grateful for something to break up the monotony that they love just about anything you do. And I can promise you that at the nursing home where I play, with the kinds of songs you do, you would be an immediate and big star.

Well I enjoyed the train theme medley RD.
    So here is a Walk Medley - I just quickly put together. Quite well known songs I think -

Last edited by pabrizzer; 07-23-2017 at 12:37 PM.

I believe Cash's "Flushed From the Bathroom of your Heart," also has the same tune.

I enjoyed your medley, thanks Alan.

Actually I enjoyed all of the medley's so far.
    Last edited by bighatbulls; 07-23-2017 at 03:55 PM. Reason: more content

I'm very happy to have be able to participate in a week hosted by Tootler. I usually miss these for one reason or another, but this week I was able to mash something together. A friend recently turned me onto David Gilmour's solo stuff so I've been listening to that and a lot of Pink Floyd. I believe that Gilmour has one of the best and most unique voices in music and his epic guitar solos are amazing. So, I've thrown together this Pink Floyd sing along that I think is a rehearsal/prerecording of something I will be doing in the future. As usual, headphones recommended. I hope you enjoy.

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and enjoy my videos Here

The thought occurs to me that medleys to be played in an old folks home must change over time. So let's fast forward to about 2035, when this medley might go down OK.

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander
    Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor"
    Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box
    ...all with Worth strings
    ...and a few chords

Thread Information