Season 284 Time to sing along

Since I play in a regular jam group, and we play in front of other people, why not put together a partial setlist? I forgot to drop down an octave for Hank, but otherwise Rani (our senior citizen cat in residence) seemed to be OK with it.

If you pick up a uke to try it out at a store this comes out. No plan at the start or at the end. You'll know some though. Sorry:

Maybe I'll get serious later?

It might be tomorrow before I catch up with the recent entries. I was out last night & we have visitors today & there's an open mic tonight though I might give that a miss as I'm pretty tired just now. Anyway apologies for being a bit slow catching up with comments.

Those I have listened to I have commented on You Tube.

Thanks to Mark (mythinformed) for suggesting I have a go at this.

Not sure how well this will travel around the world, but here in the UK, Status Quo have been the kings of 12 bar boogie rock for ever. They are often joked about, on the grounds that all their songs only have three chords, and all sound the same. To some extent, that's true, (especially the way I play them...) but they just do it very well. Better then me. These three are all from what I regard as their golden era, the early/mid 70s.

Last edited:
Alriiiight - country medley. Kind of a rough way outta tune transition into the closing song. if you have every listened to classic country all should be recognizable.

Back in high school, I went on a lot of band trips, including overnighters, and took my Harmony soprano and a camera. (couldn't wait for ipods) I was the only one so equipped, for some reason. We sang a lot, with and w/o accompaniment to pass the time, and because it was fun. I taught at least a couple of people to play a bit (both drummers!??) so I didn't have to play all the time. A giant felt pick provided the volume, probably enough, as no one ever complained that they couldn't hear me. (yes, I was that naive)
Many of the songs we did were slow sweet camp songs that other people taught me, as I never went to camp. A couple of these we did a lot, but many were raunchy, and were appropriate to do only when flying down the highway on a bus, or in a sailor's bar.
The slow, sweet ones I haven't done in decades, but surely anyone who used to go off to summer camp knows them all, and will do them.

Folks from my age bracket should be able to sing along with all of these.

I've worked really hard to keep you entertained in this one!

Doo Wop Medley (I-vi-IV-V songs).
Popular in the 1950s and early 1960s. The genre was built upon vocal harmony, nonsense syllables, and a simple beat. Doo-wop was one of the most mainstream, pop-oriented R&B styles of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bighatbulls
I am enjoying this so much! However it seems that the men have the women out numbered...
You could help to rectify that :)

It seems strange, but there appears to be more lady ukers on YT than men, but fewer on here - I wonder why?

Please feel free to join in, the more the merrier. :)

I wasn't sure what to do this week, but was fiddling around with The Wanderer this morning, and thought perhaps a dion medley would work. There are lots of hey heys in here.

Really enjoyed Linda's doo wop medley above, check it out

I haven't really done a medley before.

Here's what I came up with:

This Land is Your Land, You Are my Sunshine, and Country Roads.

A medley of 3 songs that are usually not "put together", but these were the favorite American sing along songs of my grandma and aunt. They sang better. :)

Top Bottom