Season 284 Time to sing along

If you're a Red Sox fan you've probably heard all these jingles on every NESN broadcast.

I'm sorry.

Hi Geoff! Sorry! I am not going to be able to contribute this week, or maybe for a while. My husband was admitted to hospital last night and is seriously ill. Love to all ... hope to catch up soon!

Val - so sorry to hear this. Sending positive thoughts across The Channel to the both of you.

Nine Inch Nails
C F
I met her at a record shop she was into hard rock
C G G7 CG
Man we had a wild affair, she moved in and the rent was shared
C F Am
We spent a lot of nights listenin’ to records by the candle light
G C
If it wasn’t for music, we never woulda fallen in love

The breakup was a rough one she pulled out a shotgun
I talked her down an worked it out she got it all and the matching couch
But I got my records, now I need a sad song
Am D7 G
Wouldn’t you know it, the jackets were wrong and all the sad ones are gone

F C
I got here Tool collection, She got my Workingman’s Blues
G
She got my Tom T Hall I got here Husker Du
F Am
Yeah we got em all mixed up when we were high on rails
G F C
She got my Nine Pound Hammer, I got her Nine Inch Nails

She won’t return my phone calls I’m runnin low on alcohol
Drive down to the LCB pick myself up some Tennessee Whiskey
I’ll put on some Black Hole Sun, I always kinda liked that one
If it wasn’t for the music, we never woulda fallen in love

I got here Tool collection, She got my Workingman’s Blues
She got my Tom T Hall I got here Husker Du
Yeah we got em all mixed up when we were high on rails

She moved to Montreal, now eventually don’t they all?
She’s in a band that covers Wolf Mother, and call themselves Wolf Lover
I’m listenin to hells bells, shes listening to bob wills
If it wasn’t for the music, we never woulda fallen in love

CH

I got here Tool collection, She got my Hot Rod Lincoln
My heart won’t stop sinkin; I need some songs for drinkin
I’m just a’ridin her Crazy Train and it’s a goin off the rails

Hello! Firstly, apologies, Geoff ... I have been hijacking your wonderful Season (just found out that my Inbox was full; it isn't now!) Thanks so much to everyone who has offered their support and good wishes; you are lovely people! The news when I visited the hospital yesterday evening was not good, but it is slightly more encouraging this morning. I am just hoping for the best!

Just now catching up with this news, Val. My thoughts are with you and your husband.

I couldn't believe this was over 9 minutes long when I got done, but it was. Time flies when you're having fun. lol This was the first recorded take, though I practiced the transitions between the songs ahead of time. I endured this, the question now is, can you.........

Geoff, please excuse this interruption. Just want to say that the posted wrap for Season 283 has been corrected so that now it reads as it originally should have . In addition, anyone on the list who would like to receive a prize, please p.m. me with your address. Thank you. Linda

<TCK>We had this thing when we were kids where everyone got together and sang and danced all night long...it was really cool. We called it "Punk Rock", and more accurately street punk. As I said in the intro, if you are not singing at a street punk gig, you tend to get removed.
So, for what will likely be seen by the courageous few who haven endured an evening of the fist in the air singalongs of my youth, I have recorded three songs by the English band Cocksparrer. They are the undisputed KINGS of the punk rock singalong, and while I did not get to see them live until my late thirties, I assure you every cell in my body was 14 that night (and 114 the next day).
This was very hard because I had to play faster than my eyes can read anymore...pardon the lyrical missteps but all was played from memory. Cheers</TCK>

I've got as far as Steve's Quo medley and I think I've managed to add everything up to that point to the playlist.

There's some fabulous medleys here with a great selection of songs. I really like the themed medleys bringing together related songs and I hope we get more of them.

I will try and catch up some more tomorrow, though I'm out tomorrow evening but I'll definitely be able to catch up on Friday.

Keep those medleys coming. It's a great way to cover a few songs over a fairly short set, though some of you are really going to town with some sets of over 9 minutes.

This one will put me close to 30 minutes for the week. Just a bunch of songs that I sing a lot at the nursing home.

https://youtu.be/LH1uQy1e75c

:smileybounce:

Finally caught up to WGY's medley above on this page and I think I have everyone's medley on the playlist.

Boy have you folks done me proud. I wasn't sure when I posted the theme how it would go but there have been some great medleys based on a variety of different genres of music. It's coming out far better than ever I expected so keep them coming folks. You have clearly put time and thought into your medleys and it shows.

Medley #2 - not the greatest but should be all recognizable. Note to self - think about the ending before you get there...DUH.

Season 284. Submission 1. "Johnny Has Gone/Swing Low" Medley (This is a medley of the American Revolutionary War song "Johnny Has Gone For A Soldier" and the Afro-American spiritual "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot."

Geoff, thank you for hosting and your fine theme. It's a bit of miracle I got this one done and I know I won't have another. I selected two traditional songs that I hoped you might enjoy hearing together.

Top Bottom