Wanted: Kinnard or Lichty Kiku or Baby Bard Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rakelele

Reaction score
I'm interested in buying an ultra small high quality guitar (or Guitarlele, if you will), like the Kiku from John Kinnard and Jay Lichty or the latter's Baby Bard model. I know it's probably a long shot, but let me know if you have one that you'd consider selling. Thanks!

Forgot to mention: potential sellers must be willing to ship to Switzerland.

Still looking for a high quality small guitar, guitarlele, kiku, or whatever you may want to call it. What appeals to me is a tenor or baritone body size, scale length in between 17" and 21.5", nut width of about 1 7/8", definitely radius fretboard, preferably slotted headstock and gloss finish. I know this is very specific, so having one custom made would be the way to go, but I can't afford a new one at this time.

Still looking for a high quality small guitar, guitarlele, kiku, or whatever you may want to call it. What appeals to me is a tenor or baritone body size, scale length in between 17" and 21.5", nut width of about 1 7/8", definitely radius fretboard, preferably slotted headstock and gloss finish. I know this is very specific, so having one custom made would be the way to go, but I can't afford a new one at this time.

Hmmm those spec sounds familiar. :eek:

Why not just order one from Jay for example? I put my deposit down a couple weeks ago for one :)

Congrats Nickr, way to go! I might end up doing just this somewhere down the road, but at this time, unfortunately, I cannot afford ordering a new one.

From my Lichty baritone, I can tell you that you're in for a real treat! Looking forward to seeing yours being built.

John Kinnard built me a beautiful tenor guitar. If I were interested in an instrument like the Kiku, I would have no hesitation in ordering one.

Good luck in your search! It may be hard to find a Kinnard Kiko used, as I believe John has only built a couple of them so far.

Campbell, You have been away for so long. The first thing you do when you re-enter is to tease Rainer? You are just as bad as me. Poor Rainer.

John Kinnard built me a beautiful tenor guitar. If I were interested in an instrument like the Kiku, I would have no hesitation in ordering one. Good luck in your search! It may be hard to find a Kinnard Kiko used, as I believe John has only built a couple of them so far.

Thanks for your recommendation, Mark! I had a Kinnard Concert, but had to realize the size wasn't for me. This is what got me thinking that a Kiku would be better suited for me, along with a new reference for six strings. I know it's a long shot. I think there were about four or five built, and I suppose most owners like theirs so much they won't sell...

Brenda is the proud owner of this beautiful Kiku now, they are truly rare and amazing instruments.

Thanks for posting your video, Campbell! Your recordings of the Kiku were among the things that steered me towards thinking that an ultra small guitar such as this might be a good fit for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom