Uwc x

hoosierhiver

Reaction score
June 1st -2nd 2018
NEEDMORE (Brown County!) INDIANA

About 10 miles from Nashville Indiana off HWY45 at @ 4600 Plum Creek Rd.

Free! Compliments of Mainland Ukes

Many people show up Friday afternoon,
you're welcome to come a day or two early, but you might end up helping with the mowing and set-up.

DO NOT COME BEFORE TUESDAY, MAY 29th.

No dogs allowed.
No guitars.
No drums.
No fireworks.

There will be a potluck again Friday evening about 5 to 7pm. Mainland will have free water and drinks available until they run out.
There is an open mic each evening as well as a lot of other jammings all day and playing around the bonfire all night.

This year we will be encouraging people to perform in Nashville during the week at local restaurants and the visitors center
The site for the UWC is a couple of big, well maintained fields with no permanent structures except for the stage. Both the fields are at least partially bordered by woods and a creek.
There is basically an unlimited amount of parking and camping space. Portable toilets will be on site.
The stage field will be closed to vehicle traffic.

HOTELS and CABINS:
Nashville is only about 10 minutes away from the UWC site and has a good variety of hotels, cabins and Bed and Breakfasts.

CAMPING:
Primitive camping is free at the UWC site!
The local YMCA in Nashville sells $8 day passes.

PROVISIONS:
Nashville is not far and the Needmore store, good for some basics is only about a mile away.

Nashville has an IGA for food and other supplies.

There is also a liquor store in Nashville and a CVS.

If you are flying ,Indianapolis International airport is about an hour or so away.

See you then family! Mike and Tookta

I'mma get there this year come hell or high water!

Me too!

This year's conflicted with a family trip, planned two years ago. But next year I will be Indiana-bound!

Perhaps time to start working on Indiana-themed songs....

Bumpity bump bump...

Stop by and say hi. Hoping to pull in on Thursday afternoon.
Camper.jpg

I wish I could talk all of you to move this weekend to mid-June. Here in Wisconsin/Minnesota, we have school duties until the second week of June. As a teacher, the district and administration does not look favorably to teachers being absent these last weeks, unless there is a medical reason or family commitment (lots of graduations).

This is one event that I would attend if I could, but I can’t, so I’ll live vicariously through those of you who go.

See you there

Planning on Friday and Saturday. Might drive over Thursday afternoon. I live close by so don't camp. See you there.

I wish I could talk all of you to move this weekend to mid-June. Here in Wisconsin/Minnesota, we have school duties until the second week of June. As a teacher, the district and administration does not look favorably to teachers being absent these last weeks, unless there is a medical reason or family commitment (lots of graduations).

This is one event that I would attend if I could, but I can’t, so I’ll live vicariously through those of you who go.

I could write you a note to take to the principal.

Had a taxing day, relaxing by improvising some stuff in A and drinking some beer from the Quaff On brewery which is a stone throw away from UWC. Check them out if you're in Nashville

Top Bottom