Luthier wood and more for sale by Black Bear Ukes.

BlackBearUkes

Reaction score
Here are 3 new items I am offering the budding luthiers out there. The first item are 3 packages, over 1 oz each, of beautiful green Abalone shell. This shell has many colors of green, blue, pink and red. It is .050 " thick and has various sizes and shapes. If you bought this from the popular luthier supply houses it would cost about $50 an oz. I am offering it for $25 per package. Good stuff. Buy one or buy them all. Shipping is $2.50. This shell can not be sold outside the USA lower 48.

Second we have and large piece of well seasoned (about 20 years) of Sitka spruce. The grain line varied from 1/8" wide to 1/32". It is about 5 degrees off of quarter sawn. You could make guitar tops, violins, mandolins, ukes or use it for some great brace wood. The better the brace wood the better the instrument sounds, and the better it hold up over time. The wood block measures 9 1/2" wide, 1 7/8" thick and 20" long. I am asking $25 for the wood and $20 for shipping. Sold only in the USA lower 48.

The 3rd item is some beautiful, well seasoned, about 20 years, Brazilian rosewood. This is the good stuff. Its hard like glass and yet it bends like butter to the experienced luthier. This is a guitar set for back and sides, but it does have some tight open cracks on one side panel and one back panel. You could easily get two ukes out of this wood. This wood measures 35 1/2" long, 4 1/2" wide and 1/8" thick for each side panel. The back panels measure 22" long, 7" wide and about 3/32" thick each. This wood cannot be sold or shipped outside the USA lower 48. It does not have any paper trail or documents since none were required at the time it was originally sold many years ago. I am asking $75 for this wood, plus shipping of $25.

If one person buys everything, we can lower the shipping price.

Attachments

• 2017-7-26 Spruce -c.jpg
    2017-7-26 Spruce -c.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2017-7-26 Brzln Rosewood.jpg
    2017-7-26 Brzln Rosewood.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 25
  • 2017-7-26 Three pkgs.jpg
    2017-7-26 Three pkgs.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 21
Top Bottom