NUD Kanilea K1-T-DLX

FinnP

Reaction score
Just got this beautiful Kanilea from mercatinodellukulele.it in italy.
This was an impulse buy to comfort myself because we have a really shitty summer here in Denmark with rain all day long:eek:.
Anyway this uke is fantastic. The gloss finish is stunning.
The setup is perfect with an action around 2,5 mm+ and intonation is spot on(I don't know if mercatinodellukulele.it did the set up).
It was built 11/16 and comes with a CITES certificate ("Dalbergia Latifolia",-I believe it's Indian rosewood).
I noticed the bridge/saddle design is different from my Kanilea concert from 2011. I kinda like the old design better, I think.
Also the saddle sits deep in the saddle slot, so there's not much material to make adjustments on, if needed.
Btw. my mood is much better now:)

Attachments

• P1040286.jpg
    P1040286.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 90
  • P1040287.jpg
    P1040287.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 67
  • P1040295.jpg
    P1040295.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 71
  • P1040301.jpg
    P1040301.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 64
Congratulations on a wonderful instrument, it is gorgeous. I live outside of Toronto Canada and our summer has been rainy and crappy as well. Wettest on record I believe. So glad the purchase of this uke has brightened up your day. My wife calls shopping like that "retail therapy", must be something to it. Might have to try it;)

Very nice figuring, beautiful uke. May it bring you many years of happiness! :)

Do you like butter? I mean really good quality butter? I've had a K-1 for years and it plays like butter and sounds like butter. People with more expensive ukes made by famous makers have complimented the sound of my K-1. I love the buttery feel and sound.

Congrats on a very nice uke! A friend was gifted one like it, man it really sings.
Before you guys protest too much about the rain, the Great Plains area of the US (where most of my family resides) is suffering a drought. The have huge cracks in the ground, crop failures, and no doubt wildlife and livestock are suffering badly. Drought is usually synonymous with famine. It is hot, humid, and clear here, and I miss the rains we were having. At least there's some breeze today. When I lived in the southwestern desert, it only rained once in over two years and I hated it. Please, if you don't like it, send it the Great Plains!
As long as the roof holds and it doesn't flood, I never complain about rain. Maybe I should move to the NW coast....

I take it in my prayers.Sad,-the climate change is changing our world much quicker than expected.

Congrats on a very nice uke! A friend was gifted one like it, man it really sings.
Before you guys protest too much about the rain, the Great Plains area of the US (where most of my family resides) is suffering a drought. The have huge cracks in the ground, crop failures, and no doubt wildlife and livestock are suffering badly. Drought is usually synonymous with famine. It is hot, humid, and clear here, and I miss the rains we were having. At least there's some breeze today. When I lived in the southwestern desert, it only rained once in over two years and I hated it. Please, if you don't like it, send it the Great Plains!
As long as the roof holds and it doesn't flood, I never complain about rain. Maybe I should move to the NW coast....

Whoa, rain or not, that koa will brighten any room—beautiful!! I love the sculptural look of the bridge, too. My Kanile'a makes me very happy.

Congratulations, Finn! Kanilea tenors are great, and you got an exceptionally nice one there. Yes, they did change the bridge design sometime after 2011. I find the new design somewhat more ellegant, but I guess this is mostly about what one is used to see. Anyway, may it bring you joy and happiness through sunshine and rain.

Congratulations! Several friends I play with often have recently got Kanilea Ukuleles. They really sound sweet.

Such a beautiful instrument, and nice photos too! Congratulations and enjoy! :cool:

I have now played it for about a week, but I'm having a hard time getting used to the stock Aquila strings.
I would like to switch to Living water strings, but I'm a little worried about the intonation.(the intonation is ok with the stock strings)
On my other ukes that comes with aquilas, intonation usually goes flat when I string them with flourcarbon strings.
I've read about Aquilas new AG x AQ strings, has anyone tried them on their Kanilea tenor?

If you're playing low G and like wound bass strings, I HIGHLY recommend the Moore Better Ukulele-branded string sets. They're unreal. Chuck uses a couple Tomastik-Infield classic guitar strings for the G & C, and some flourocarbon for the E & A, all perfectly balanced with each other.

I changed the Aquila nylguts to Oasis brights with smooth wound low G and really like the sound. When I changed the Oasis brights to the Oasis warm I did not like it as much. No intonation issues with the flourocarbons.
Enjoy your Kanilea.

Top Bottom