Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really loving my Tiny Tenor

Default Really loving my Tiny Tenor

Coming from a Kala Tenor solid Spruce top board with cut away. This Romero Creations Tiny Tenor is simply amazing. All Mahogany solids. Rosewood fingerboard, Ebony tuner buttons. This is something I can grow into and with. It is so sensitive to your strumming hand position above or below the port, how tight or loose you hold it against your body, even the slightest variations in strumming finger tension changes the character a lot. It is really beautiful and light. Real eye candy to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mahogany sounds good on the clips at HMS. I like spruce/mahogany but from sound sample I thing the mahogany sounds better. It could be the song Daniel Ho is playing. I'm wonder .......All Koa or All mahogany. This is one of those Uke I want real bad but need to make room to get it. What HSC are you using. I'd have to get a HSC that fit. Glad you like it. I know if I could play the different models one after another, I'd pick one, buy it and be done Enjoy. They look and sound like great ukuleles.

Congrats!

Sounds like these have lots of great attributes in the application of dynamics with regards to playability and tone...

Thanks for sharing!
    Please click here for Booli's Help Page which contains tips & answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
    If you are a uke newbie, this will be good reading for you.
    [ o>==::

That does look really nice. BUT, it badly needs a form fitting case. The whole idea behind this uke is to be as small as possible without sacrificing tone or scale length. So it deserves a case to match!

Quote Originally Posted by besley View Post
    That does look really nice. BUT, it badly needs a form fitting case. The whole idea behind this uke is to be as small as possible without sacrificing tone or scale length. So it deserves a case to match!
    I thought so too. But, the Romero case that it came in was nearly as big as my tenor hard case and was even thicker! I guess I'll use both. Comparing the soprano case to these in the pics.

20170729_164715.jpg20170729_164756.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase. Looks great. I'll have to listen to some sound samples on this one as I haven't heard it before.

Quote Originally Posted by scottcocoabeach View Post
    Congrats on the new purchase. Looks great. I'll have to listen to some sound samples on this one as I haven't heard it before.
    Here's a nice one. The first time I heard about the Tiny Tenor. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD0kiQB0UPE

Daniel playing in the hotel for an interview. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDmd9V741as

Ochanomizu Kurosawagakki playing it. The sound recording is not that good however. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwYTgAEvA4Q

Excellent. I love my spruce/mahogany Tiny Tenor as well. For the money, it's really one of the best ukes you can buy.

And the sound... the sound...

Current Uke Stable:

Soprano:
    Kala travel uke (spruce & mahogany) (KA-SSTU)
    Concert:
    Kala Pacific Walnut (KA-PWC)
    Tenor:
    Romero Creations Tiny Tenor (Spruce & Mahogany)
    Kala Spruce-Ovangkol (KA-ASOV-T)

Beginning uke player with early onset UAS. Just getting started...!Just getting started...!

PM me if you'd like to be in touch...

Congratulations! The sound clips sound magical.

These tiny tenors look great! I've never really looked at these but they look interesting and I like how small they are. How is the finish and playability?
    Kamaka HF-3 w/Mi-Si Pickup "Kino" | KALA KA-ZTP-CTG "Kine"
    Taylor 312ce "Noname"

"As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot."
    - John Lennon

Thread Information