Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really loving my Tiny Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by deznuchs View Post
    These tiny tenors look great! I've never really looked at these but they look interesting and I like how small they are. How is the finish and playability?
    The more I play it the more I love it. Mind you, I am a beginner. But, I have a very good ear and the one I have (the all solid mahogany uke) is butter and silk smooth. It is a bit more expensive than their spruce top models. You can visually tell the difference by the Ebony headstock. For me the fit is more relaxed than a concert or soprano. The fret board is 1-3/8 inches wide, and even the higher frets are easy to access with the sound port being so high. It is handmade by their Vietnamese craftsmen and the quality is superb. I've been reading posts saying that the fit and finish are that of a much more expensive uke. Mine is a high gloss finish BTW. I was surprised at how much the body resonates. And equally surprised at how much the reverberations are affected by the pressure exerted on the uke between my arm and my torso. It's awesome being able to affect the tone with that pressure. The set up is spot on. Not sure if it came from the factory like that or if U-Space's Jason Arimoto did the set up.

It was quite a step up from the Kala Spruce top concert that I was playing before. I can't say enough about how good it feels to hold and play and hear.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber3d View Post
    The more I play it the more I love it. Mind you, I am a beginner. But, I have a very good ear and the one I have (the all solid mahogany uke) is butter and silk smooth. It is a bit more expensive than their spruce top models. You can visually tell the difference by the Ebony headstock. For me the fit is more relaxed than a concert or soprano. The fret board is 1-3/8 inches wide, and even the higher frets are easy to access with the sound port being so high. It is handmade by their Vietnamese craftsmen and the quality is superb. I've been reading posts saying that the fit and finish are that of a much more expensive uke. Mine is a high gloss finish BTW. I was surprised at how much the body resonates. And equally surprised at how much the reverberations are affected by the pressure exerted on the uke between my arm and my torso.
    Sounds like a great purchase. Thanks for the detailed response
    Kamaka HF-3 w/Mi-Si Pickup "Kino" | KALA KA-ZTP-CTG w/LR Baggs 5.0 "Kine"
    Kala KA-ATP-CTG-CE - Low G

"As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot."
    - John Lennon

I just acquired a Romero Tiny Tenor as my main performance uke, replacing my damaged Ojai Valley Big Tenor. It is the all koa model, and I installed a Baggs 5.0 pickup and PhD (reenatrant) strings. The sustain is very even for lead playing (once I got the action just right), and it rings like a bell! I'm very happy with this choice.
    "You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. " - Crash Davis

Awesome. There's something magical about the Tiny Tenor.

Here is a new review from Southern Ukulele on the Tiny Tenor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G5ifrj568w

Thread Information