Really loving my Tiny Tenor

cyber3d

Reaction score
Coming from a Kala Tenor solid Spruce top board with cut away. This Romero Creations Tiny Tenor is simply amazing. All Mahogany solids. Rosewood fingerboard, Ebony tuner buttons. This is something I can grow into and with. It is so sensitive to your strumming hand position above or below the port, how tight or loose you hold it against your body, even the slightest variations in strumming finger tension changes the character a lot. It is really beautiful and light. Real eye candy to me.

Attachments

• 20170729_014428.jpg
    20170729_014428.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 133
Mahogany sounds good on the clips at HMS. I like spruce/mahogany but from sound sample I thing the mahogany sounds better. It could be the song Daniel Ho is playing. I'm wonder .......All Koa or All mahogany. This is one of those Uke I want real bad but need to make room to get it. What HSC are you using. I'd have to get a HSC that fit. Glad you like it. I know if I could play the different models one after another, I'd pick one, buy it and be done Enjoy. They look and sound like great ukuleles.

Congrats!

Sounds like these have lots of great attributes in the application of dynamics with regards to playability and tone...

Thanks for sharing! :)

That does look really nice. BUT, it badly needs a form fitting case. The whole idea behind this uke is to be as small as possible without sacrificing tone or scale length. So it deserves a case to match!

That does look really nice. BUT, it badly needs a form fitting case. The whole idea behind this uke is to be as small as possible without sacrificing tone or scale length. So it deserves a case to match!

I thought so too. But, the Romero case that it came in was nearly as big as my tenor hard case and was even thicker! I guess I'll use both. Comparing the soprano case to these in the pics.

20170729_164715.jpg20170729_164756.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase. Looks great. I'll have to listen to some sound samples on this one as I haven't heard it before.

Excellent. I love my spruce/mahogany Tiny Tenor as well. For the money, it's really one of the best ukes you can buy.

And the sound... the sound... :)

Congratulations! The sound clips sound magical.

These tiny tenors look great! I've never really looked at these but they look interesting and I like how small they are. How is the finish and playability?

The more I play it the more I love it. Mind you, I am a beginner. But, I have a very good ear and the one I have (the all solid mahogany uke) is butter and silk smooth. It is a bit more expensive than their spruce top models. You can visually tell the difference by the Ebony headstock. For me the fit is more relaxed than a concert or soprano. The fret board is 1-3/8 inches wide, and even the higher frets are easy to access with the sound port being so high. It is handmade by their Vietnamese craftsmen and the quality is superb. I've been reading posts saying that the fit and finish are that of a much more expensive uke. Mine is a high gloss finish BTW. I was surprised at how much the body resonates. And equally surprised at how much the reverberations are affected by the pressure exerted on the uke between my arm and my torso. It's awesome being able to affect the tone with that pressure. The set up is spot on. Not sure if it came from the factory like that or if U-Space's Jason Arimoto did the set up.

It was quite a step up from the Kala Spruce top concert that I was playing before. I can't say enough about how good it feels to hold and play and hear.

The more I play it the more I love it. Mind you, I am a beginner. But, I have a very good ear and the one I have (the all solid mahogany uke) is butter and silk smooth. It is a bit more expensive than their spruce top models. You can visually tell the difference by the Ebony headstock. For me the fit is more relaxed than a concert or soprano. The fret board is 1-3/8 inches wide, and even the higher frets are easy to access with the sound port being so high. It is handmade by their Vietnamese craftsmen and the quality is superb. I've been reading posts saying that the fit and finish are that of a much more expensive uke. Mine is a high gloss finish BTW. I was surprised at how much the body resonates. And equally surprised at how much the reverberations are affected by the pressure exerted on the uke between my arm and my torso.

Sounds like a great purchase. Thanks for the detailed response:shaka:

I just acquired a Romero Tiny Tenor as my main performance uke, replacing my damaged Ojai Valley Big Tenor. It is the all koa model, and I installed a Baggs 5.0 pickup and PhD (reenatrant) strings. The sustain is very even for lead playing (once I got the action just right), and it rings like a bell! I'm very happy with this choice.

Top Bottom