SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

Greetings

I couldn't keep up. Life got in the way. Hated the only vid I put up but left it cos had no time. Hope all are well. Happy Saturday.

Ciao

The first of several by Mr. Richard Starkey, or at least one of his bands. This is a lot of fun, and we may have to add it to our jam songbook.

Feel free to post later. The video will still be added to this season's playlist when I see it.

Greetings

I couldn't keep up. Life got in the way. Hated the only vid I put up but left it cos had no time. Hope all are well. Happy Saturday.

Ciao

This year at UWC we sang and played the whole first Record, The Velvet Underground and Nico. The plan is to do the same for the next three years since they put out one a year for the first 4 years. Here's the first recordhttps://dochub.com/alanthornton/J1VWxx/velvet-underground-and-nico-uke-fakebook-uwc-ix-pdf?dt=eqt4ni9s72gilvbm

And thanks for the above to the Worlds Greatest VU Ukulele band Thumbs Up from New Jersey.

[/COLOR]

thank you for that link alan!

Peace and Love, one more time

As you may tell, I loves me some Ringo. This is one we do at the Raleigh Uke Jam pretty much every time.

I requested that my sweetheart Terri learn this song for the season. Thanks darlin'!

Out fishing my fanny off...just realized I missed Adam Yauch Saturday. Dammit...MAKE SOME NOISE IF YOUR WITH ME! Tons of fun here Pops...bummed I missed the tail end of it, one last hurrah before back to school

a homemade song about spiders

inspired by the fact that nine times out of ten (i may exaggerating SLIGHTLY, but honestly, it happens a LOT!) when i open my front door, there is a massive spider waiting outside, ready to dash in and make himself at home in my home

is it a baritone uke? is it a bird? is it a plane? i dunno, it's a half size guitar with the just the middle 4 strings on, tuned DGBE

i got it with a view to adapting the nut and saddle to give me proper bari uke string spacing, but i haven't got around to doing that (when i say i haven't got around to doing that, i mean i haven't got around to asking my pal who is brill at making cbg's and the like, to do it for me :uhoh:)

"spider hotel"

It's been a crazy week, but I had to join in the fun (with a song I thought of Sunday, but didn't have a chance to sit and record until tonight) with some Jethro Tull.

Whenever the Dave Clark Five are mentioned I think of Ukey Dave. He was a big, big fan, probably because Dave Clark is a drummer, as was Ukey Dave. This one's for you Ukey Dave...

One more, late on a Saturday night...Taking seriously the advice to do any song we've worked on recently, here's a cover of my current favorite song, by Rival Sons (a band you should all be listening to):

A song covered by Tony Bennet (with Lady Gaga).

This was recorded a while ago but thought I'd go ahead and post it in the Seasons.

Top Bottom