SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

I as dis skalpal thinnin' as da form hof self defense.
fe too long hit has bin young bruvers who as had
ridiculous haircuts. hit iz bells fe batty bruvers to get
batty wiv dare hair. confusion iz da fittest form hof defence,
fe real if da punks fink yous might be da kung fu masta

Option 5 - Song I have worked out over the past month or so. I will keep looking at the ones given.

REK - Armadillo Jackal

I prefer the B.B. King version of this song, but decided to try to go with Buddy Guy, and ended up not much like either

Me an Me Julie Dancet all over da floor wif this blunt. BOOyahashah!

I as dis skalpal thinnin' as da form hof self defense.
fe too long hit has bin young bruvers who as had
ridiculous haircuts. hit iz bells fe batty bruvers to get
batty wiv dare hair. confusion iz da fittest form hof defence,
fe real if da punks fink yous might be da kung fu masta

Well, Alan, you've done it this time. You got me to post another Tull song. I'm a really bad detective, but I have an inkling of a clue of how you're choosing the artists. If I'm wrong, then I got a theme for my next season! So it's all good, brudda.

YESssssSiaha, fine job little Bruddah, annna vocal for de Angels.

Aaaaand here's some Kate Bush.

My philosophy when playing music is "you're never gonna sound like the original, so don't bother trying"

That mantra has never been more necessary.

Yessss, yes! You makin me dance to dis riddim. Beauty job. and you right the Ian is a genius master of de time signature.

Well, Alan, you've done it this time. You got me to post another Tull song. I'm a really bad detective, but I have an inkling of a clue of how you're choosing the artists. If I'm wrong, then I got a theme for my next season! So it's all good, brudda.

Massively fine song and well done. Three generations of a family loving the same music! Respect!

Don't mind if I Do!

My Sunday mornings follow a pretty set routine. Son o' mine wakes up, I wake up, check the theme, play a song as I am.

The above thing has let me play a song I worked on a couple months ago for an open Mic. Simple Minds are mine and my dad's favourite band. He's been going to see them since the late 70s, and first took me along about 10 years ago. This June we saw them play an acoustic set and Jim Kerr remains the best front man I've ever seen. Sings to each member of the audience individually every song.

Sadly the internet is lacking in tabs for their songs beyond the two or three massive hits, so here's a reworking of Someone, Somewhere in Summertime. Good to see the boy paying attention at the start.

Thanks for the early posts! Those who want to plan ahead, here's wha up for Medical Monday.

Well, I'm looking, but I don't see any kind of theme - (not a clue what your intro was about) - is this just an 'American' thing? :confused:

Four artists today... Kate Bush, Jethro Till, Buddy Guy, The Damned. Then our wise host will reveal more artists as the week goes on

Wise words indeed from Rab11 - "you're never gonna sound like the original, so don't bother trying".

Here's me, not trying.

I heard the words Jethro Tull in the themepost video, so I'm set for the week even if Alan didn't name any other musicians.

Alan said to add our own songs to the playlist, but it doesn't look like the list was set up to allow this. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Dang! We are in the middle of recording sessions with the band and then the Armstrong-Garcias are off on holiday on Tuesday, so I think that (like last week) I am not going to be able to join the party! :(

Have a good one, people!

Top Bottom