SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

Help! I can't keep up (puff puff)...
This one from Zac Brown. How many days behind am I?

I apologize to Kate Bush and her fans. However Dr Creosote and I had a blast putting this together even if its all wrong. This is my Sunday entry posted Monday night. ;)

Can the world ever have too many Public Enemy ukulele covers? Feeling it here in the 'Dale...911s a Joke. Had to. For you Pops.

Soo many great posts so far. Check Daves post below to see how 911 works in the CDale hood!
imagegif

...although, oddly I do seem to have some days of the week trouble here!

Hi guys. Checking in here. Iam not really myself of late. They tell me I have kidney failure and my time is not my own these days. Dialysis, doctors and what not. The vampyres are sucking about a pint of blood out of me a day. They even put a catheter in my jugular vein to make it easier to do so! They tell me I can eat bread but no water .. Sheesh! I didn't even go to trial! Enough of this fol der rol. Maybe I can get some recording done this week. Alan you say you are having some trouble with the days of the week. I was hoping for some Traffic on Wednesday. Its all up to you.

Sorry to hear that Tommy, but knowing you, you'll be giving us songs sooner than you can say Dracula.

Anyway, here's a traditional one you'll know far better than me, which crops up in Ramblin' Jack Elliott's list of songs. I have found loads of versions, all different.
The Everly Brothers stopped when the gambler met the girl, and they all lived happily ever after. Surely not?
Ramblin' Jack himself seems to go off on a tangent, reeling off other occupations which the girl isn't so keen on.
Me, I prefer the ones where it ends with a murder and a prison cell, so I left out a couple of the girl-talking-to-mama verses. Other changes have been made too, but that's traditional song for you.

Season 285. Submission 1. "Sunny Skies" (Written and recorded by James Taylor, 1969)

Alan, thank you for this exciting week. It's great fun!

You said early on that we could bring a song we've been working on. Here's one that I started looking at before summer began. First attempts to record it? This morning.

Harmonies and jingle by Seamus near the end. ;)

Hi guys. Checking in here. Iam not really myself of late. They tell me I have kidney failure and my time is not my own these days. Dialysis, doctors and what not. The vampyres are sucking about a pint of blood out of me a day. They even put a catheter in my jugular vein to make it easier to do so! They tell me I can eat bread but no water .. Sheesh! I didn't even go to trial! Enough of this fol der rol. Maybe I can get some recording done this week. Alan you say you are having some trouble with the days of the week. I was hoping for some Traffic on Wednesday. Its all up to you.

Hi Tommy. I'm really sorry to hear that you have to go through all that. Keep your chin up and best wishes from us.

Man, that sucks big time, Tommy. :(

Tommy, sending you love and light and wishing you healing xxx

Just pretend it's Wednesday Mr. T, it's almost Tuesday evening over here, near enough innit. Jeez, I'm even starting to sound like the host :)
Classic singer songwriter stuff and I've always loved playing it but that's not to say anyone will like listening to it. Best wishes to Tommy as well.

Getting my Wednesday song in early, as Wednesday is looking too busy for uke-ing.

Garth Hudson - keyboards player with one of the best bands ever, responsible for countless great songs. But...in 1988 he contributed a version of this to "Stay Awake", a Disney songs tribute album. Yes, he really did.

Tommy, don't let them vampyres get you down. We need some Uncle Tommy strumming ASAP!

Tommy, Im so sorry your having to go through this. hang in there. I love your energy and spirit about the situation. I know its hard. Prayers for comfort while you and your wife execute this journey.

Huge hugs and well wishes!

Love you tons,

Linda

Sheesh! is what I'm feeling too Tommy. Know you're getting all the positive vibes I can muster sent your way.

Please note:
Due to a request from Tommy the C. We are adding songs by Traffic to the Season as of today.
Fantasy Factory is open for biz.
Feel better Brother.

Last edited:
Thank you my friends for all the support you have given me. Your positive energy is having effect.
Seeing that it is Ramblin' Jacks birthday a little ragtime-blues is in order.

Hey Tommy..you get off them danged kiddy knees and get some garlic on them thar vampyres...this ones for you...it's a retread , cos you said that you enjoyed it first time round and I forgot I still had it hanging in the You Toob Wardrobe of Jarvo Crapology...So I brushed it off again and hung it out to air....All the best get well and plucking soon...Gary and the Playboys would a run a mile from this load of old toot !!!

Top Bottom