Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

thanks alan, you know i USED to tap sharply, 1-2-3-4, on the body of the uke, that was a handy way to synch, but i keep forgetting to do it these days!!! hopefully your post will inspire me to try a bit harder to remember!

Wrappin' things up now.
    There are a few other songs to sing maybe so there are two straggler artists here.
    A couple things:
    -When I say John Cage I mean John Cale Bothserious dudes though.
    - The reason for the Ringo thing is because of his first wife Maureen. Here's a tidbit about her:
    The very first song in the Apple Records catalogue was a special private recording by Frank Sinatra. In 1968, as a favour to Starr, Sinatra recorded a special version of his previously released song, "The Lady Is a Tramp", for Mo's birthday. Sammy Cahn re-wrote the lyrics, and personalised them: "She married Ringo, and she could have had Paul/That's why the lady is a champ".[48][49] Sinatra's recording was pressed as a single in Los Angeles, and notated as Apple 1

And finally, thank you thank you thank you. This was my dream season. You each brought joy wonder and weirdness... see you soon:

It's the songs, isn't it?

I was reading about Garth Hudson, and discovered that he had been in a band called Burrito Deluxe in the early Naughties. I remembered I had some tracks somewhere and found this one...

Russell
    from Queenscliff, near Geelong, near Melbourne, in Australia

Mr. Satchmo

If EVERYONE played the UKULELE, the WORLD would be a BETTER place! ~ Jake Shimabukuro

FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

I probably should've went with some band or group or person that I've heard of before but the name velvet underground intrigued me. They are brand new to me as is this song but it only seemed appropriate.

If EVERYONE played the UKULELE, the WORLD would be a BETTER place! ~ Jake Shimabukuro

FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

love you Pops.
    couldn't let this week go past.
    my favourite song I learnt in the last couple of months.
    (by last couple of months, I mean today).

Know very little about Velvet Underground except that Lou Reed was a member - was surprised to find this sad little song with a female vocalist - hope it's the same group

Quote Originally Posted by decaturcomp View Post
    Hows this for another choice. Just play me your favorite song you've worked out in the last couple of months?
    Right. Here's one I've been working on. The Harmonica club forum has a monthly "Alphabet Challenge" You have to play tunes beginning with the letters of the alphabet in turn. This month it's "F" and here's two tunes I've been working on for the Alphabet Challenge. It has added accompaniment from my Brueko Tenor ukulele.

Flatwater Fran was written by Scottish Accordionist, Phil Cunningham. The story I heard is it's named after his sister who's a flatwater canoist. The Footsteps of Childhood is one I wrote some years ago originally as a tune for setting a poem I found on the internet written by someone who grew up in a village close to the mouth of the river Tees but I extended it to create a 32 bar waltz.

I put my instrumental stuff on Vimeo, mainly because the software used for Harmonica Club seems to have problems with You Tube. Embedded videos from Vimeo don't seem to show up in tablets so I've added the link underneath.

https://vimeo.com/228473904
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

Thread Information