SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

I can't begin to do this song justice, but I massively love it. Moves me to hear Jerry Garcia perform it, and I think it defines him quite well, as if he can be defined.

The recording session gets gatecrashed by my 5 year old grand daughter.
It takes some talent to sing True Colours to a completely different backing track
(Slot this into the serendipity slot for this season) Drone footage from the summer cottage.

Here's another from Yusuf Islam, aka Cat Stevens which is how I still think of him. Another song from the excellent Teaser and the Firecat album which I have a copy of somewhere (still.... I think). The sentiments of this song are what we need just now.

Tommy, sad to hear about your kidney troubles. I remember how upset my wife was when she started dialysis. It's really an upsetting time and it means a major adaptation so good luck, I'm sure you'll get there and it's good to see you have produced an entry. My younger daughter gave my wife a kidney and that's doing just great. I hope you're able to get on the transplant register.

Val. That sounds like good news. I hope he continues to progress and you will be able to welcome him home soon.

Availing myself of the Thornton rule,i recorded this video 5 years ago.A Tony Bennet song with an alternative lyric by Mr Spike Milligan famous British humorist,poet and author

wishing linda louden better, and indeed everyone who is still poorly or has a poorly loved one, wishing you all well

at last, tempted away from cbg's and spoons, here i am mangling a truly lovely shirelles number

"will you still love me tomorrow" ... no, not if my singing is anything to go by! o_O

A song that was performed by Ramblin' Jack Elliot, written by Mississsippi John Hurt.

GREETINGS! Wha me eat Wednesday offering, from the kitchen.
The mistakes make it charming. Pro Tip.

Someday I will crack the code on these guys... I don't think it was today. Guess that is why it is called a challenge.

I love the Shirelles. They did a version of this Phil Spector song. Here's my (very rough) version (it's in 12/8 time so I kept the strum as simple as I could).

Hope I'm doing this right, I distinctly heard our esteemed host mention Tony Bennett, and when he visited our town this spring, Tony of course sang this!

It's Tony Bennett again. And it's this song again.

Top Bottom