SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

Wise words indeed from Rab11 - "you're never gonna sound like the original, so don't bother trying".

Here's me, not trying.

Damnnnnn Son, You ought not ever try. This is SPECTACULARLY wonderful!
One of my favorites! (STANDS AND CLAPS)

Kate Bush, oh dear ,,,you don't want me doing that ...Low hanging froooitt from me for Sontag........Buddy Guy...." Leave My Little Girl Alone ". Appropriate, as I am going to leave the lovely work of the delightful Miss Bush well alone....

285-1

Buddy Guy and Chicago. My wife and son are heading to Chicago this week to visit family. I've got no vacation time left after trudging through the wilderness of New Mexico for two weeks so I have to stay home all alone with my collection of ukuleles. Poor, poor pitiful me....

Look at dat mon..anudder Chicka go Swit Hom Song....ah weyull....

hey guys! yes i've done a few kate bush songs before and that's why i know how hard they and why i'm so in awe of what people have brought so far!!!!!!!!!! i did start working up a bauhaus song actually............................ my main problem right now is i can't leave my new one string cbg alone long enough to do much proper uke-ing! oh the addictive properties of a new instrument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still catching up from Day 1. This time Jethro Tull

What do you folks mean you can't wait until tomorrow?
I just don't know what to think. Next thing you'll say your posting an old video and not even bothering to edit a second song out of it. This place is going......Is Going....
Just about right.

Last edited:
Okay, okay I get it! There isn't enough here to drag you away from the new instrument.
However...We have been here nearly an entire day without a tune from you BEVSTER!

Soon?

hey guys! yes i've done a few kate bush songs before and that's why i know how hard they and why i'm so in awe of what people have brought so far!!!!!!!!!! i did start working up a bauhaus song actually............................ my main problem right now is i can't leave my new one string cbg alone long enough to do much proper uke-ing! oh the addictive properties of a new instrument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I learned this totally from scratch and put it together quick. I want to comment on what people are saying this Season about never trying to sound like the artist of the song they're covering. I freely admit that there are times I do try to sound like the artist, this song being one of them. Other times I do not at all, but for me it's sometimes fun to attempt to capture the sound and feel of what the original artist did, plus I'm not always the most creative person in the world. This song is very similar in feel to "Judy in disguise" that I did during Turtledrum's "Summer of love" Season, and on that song i tried to sound like the record too, and it got a great response from several Seasonistas, and I had fun doing it. Also oddly enough, both John Fred and Gary Lewis called their band "Playboy(s)." Don't know if I'm right, wrong, or in the middle, but that's just my 2 cents on that topic. However, oxygen supply became an issue on this song on the choruses when I tried to sing both the lead vocal and the bass vocal. lol

Top Bottom