SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

decaturcomp

Reaction score
Howdy Seasonistas!

There will be some weirdness this Season. I will be checking in daily with more things you can play. I don' want a limit so please forgive if life slows down my respondin'. I think it will be fun to have but one rule. Have fun. I think that fun will be the prizes for this week, too so step up and claim the fun for yourself. Feel free to ask questions but I suggest we just play, and play and play....

Thank you, and remember: Ital is Vital!

SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun' Playlist!

Thornton Rule Light is LIT

Last edited:
:smileybounce: Dis gonna be challenge ...

Ok my brother. I got a couple of songs I been working on just playing, so it's off to recording I go!

Hiya DD! You can play songs by the artists mentioned in the video. Or write something that you'd like to share. Or you can wait because there will be additional songs to do every day this week. Or, if you have any songs about spiders...That would be cool.

You've seen this but for new folks this is the explanation of the Thornton Rule:

There are 4 artists mentioned I'm the video. You can do a song by any of them or you can write one yourself. More artists will be added tomorrow if youd like additional folks to choose from.

Dis iz quite unclear wot I should do but iz gonna hit help if I spitz from me turf massiv an' wear da platinum lame trak suit wiv addidas strips? Is it coz I is black?

ALI G Translator

Lol, no it ain't.
I quite like all the artists we're allowed to cover tomorrow, do I think I could do a half decent cover of any of their songs, not a hope in hell !

Lol, no it ain't.
I quite like all the artists we're allowed to cover tomorrow, do I think I could do a half decent cover of any of their songs, not a hope in hell !

A couple of tough ones there, I'll admit. Kate is difficult to sing, too. However. A few more choices on the way for tomorrow and you will have access to some Country, some College Pop, Some early 60s kids and something fairly dark.

Hows this for another choice. Just play me your favorite song you've worked out in the last couple of months?

Hiya DD! You can play songs by the artists mentioned in the video. Or write something that you'd like to share. Or you can wait because there will be additional songs to do every day this week. Or, if you have any songs about spiders...That would be cool.

You've seen this but for new folks this is the explanation of the Thornton Rule:

Thank you, Mr. Thorton.

Hahahahahaha! Just have fun and play, and play, and play. Ukulele players behaving badly- my favorite thing Mr. Thornton, and you have plastered your rule all over this. Off to figure out how to chicken fry Kate Bush mate- see ya tomorrow.

Warning! Extreme bedhead approaching

Hows this for another choice. Just play me your favorite song you've worked out in the last couple of months?

Don't mind if I Do!

My Sunday mornings follow a pretty set routine. Son o' mine wakes up, I wake up, check the theme, play a song as I am.

The above thing has let me play a song I worked on a couple months ago for an open Mic. Simple Minds are mine and my dad's favourite band. He's been going to see them since the late 70s, and first took me along about 10 years ago. This June we saw them play an acoustic set and Jim Kerr remains the best front man I've ever seen. Sings to each member of the audience individually every song.

Sadly the internet is lacking in tabs for their songs beyond the two or three massive hits, so here's a reworking of Someone, Somewhere in Summertime. Good to see the boy paying attention at the start.

Aaaaand here's some Kate Bush.

My philosophy when playing music is "you're never gonna sound like the original, so don't bother trying"

That mantra has never been more necessary.

Top Bottom