Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SOTU 285 Lightnin' Roun'!

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnotherLinda View Post
    Lol, no it ain't.
    I quite like all the artists we're allowed to cover tomorrow, do I think I could do a half decent cover of any of their songs, not a hope in hell !
    A couple of tough ones there, I'll admit. Kate is difficult to sing, too. However. A few more choices on the way for tomorrow and you will have access to some Country, some College Pop, Some early 60s kids and something fairly dark.

Hows this for another choice. Just play me your favorite song you've worked out in the last couple of months?
    It's the songs, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by greenie44 View Post
    Ok my brother. I got a couple of songs I been working on just playing, so it's off to recording I go!
    Excellent. See you out there!!

Quote Originally Posted by hendulele View Post
    Dis gonna be challenge ...
    I an I tink der will be fun.
    Like this one with a little simpler break?

Quote Originally Posted by decaturcomp View Post
    Hiya DD! You can play songs by the artists mentioned in the video. Or write something that you'd like to share. Or you can wait because there will be additional songs to do every day this week. Or, if you have any songs about spiders...That would be cool.

You've seen this but for new folks this is the explanation of the Thornton Rule:
    Thank you, Mr. Thorton.

Hahahahahaha! Just have fun and play, and play, and play. Ukulele players behaving badly- my favorite thing Mr. Thornton, and you have plastered your rule all over this. Off to figure out how to chicken fry Kate Bush mate- see ya tomorrow.

OH WOW, no hanging about this week!

Default Warning! Extreme bedhead approaching

Quote Originally Posted by decaturcomp View Post
    Hows this for another choice. Just play me your favorite song you've worked out in the last couple of months?
    Don't mind if I Do!

My Sunday mornings follow a pretty set routine. Son o' mine wakes up, I wake up, check the theme, play a song as I am.

The above thing has let me play a song I worked on a couple months ago for an open Mic. Simple Minds are mine and my dad's favourite band. He's been going to see them since the late 70s, and first took me along about 10 years ago. This June we saw them play an acoustic set and Jim Kerr remains the best front man I've ever seen. Sings to each member of the audience individually every song.

Sadly the internet is lacking in tabs for their songs beyond the two or three massive hits, so here's a reworking of Someone, Somewhere in Summertime. Good to see the boy paying attention at the start.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Aaaaand here's some Kate Bush.

My philosophy when playing music is "you're never gonna sound like the original, so don't bother trying"

That mantra has never been more necessary.

"Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun"

"But I heard voices, Not in the head, out in the air, they called to me. Through record speakers, through thick and thin, they found a shelter, beneath my skin"

Thread Information