Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video-editing software inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by wolfchs View Post
    Hi Kurt!

They removed the download link and it says on the page the same info i've been seeing everywhere: "Editors' Note: Windows Essentials 2012 suite (and Windows Live Movie Maker) reached end of support on January 10, 2017. It is no longer available for download. Download.com offers no downloadable file and presents data for informational purposes only."
    I was just going through the threads on the MS site, and found "The Wayback Machine", with the installer file for Windows Live Essentials 2012. It is about 135 mb.

I'm not sure if forum rules allow me to just post the link, so I will PM it to you, and Booli.

-Kurt
    Ken Timms Soprano
    Moku MS-90S * Waterman G-I-T-D * National Triolian Reso * Bugsgear Aqualele * Donaldson Concert *
    Rosewood Vita Uke * Waverly Street #38 * Ko'Aloha Sceptre Tenor * Ohana Vita Uke * FireFly banjo uke
    Epiphone Les Paul Ukulele * Republic Concert * Fluke Tenor M22 * Kala KA-KTG-CT Cedar Top
    Cordoba 20TM * 1950's Harmony soprano *1920's era Stella banjo uke
    guitars and a 5-string banjo

Am I done?

...naw...

My YouTube Channel

Thanks Kurt! PM sent back in reply.
    Just the FAQs
    "Only those who will risk going too far, can possibly find out how far one can go."
    -T. S. Eliot

I have Windows 10 and Movie maker... Perhaps it just stayed put because I got it as an upgrade from Windows 8.

I tried openshot for windows back in winter or spring. It didn't work on my PC, it would chrash and be completely incapable of creating even the simplest video. Perhaps upgrades might fix it, but when I tried it it didn't work.

I used ShortCut video editor for a while, also freeware. It kind of worked most times, but it had occasional bugs needing me to restart the software, and sometimes the rendered video is not very smooth.

I am back to Movie Maker for now, but I am listening in for an alternative...
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

I'm surprised Openshot didn't work for you, it's working for me on Linux, it's what I use for the Seasons - maybe it's a Windows problem(?).
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    I'm surprised Openshot didn't work for you, it's working for me on Linux, it's what I use for the Seasons - maybe it's a Windows problem(?).
    Well, if the version of the application that says it works on windows, doesn't work on windows, you can always debate whether the problem lies with windows or the application...
    I am sure it runs great on Linux, and it might work on some specific windows settings it was tested on, but it sure can't have been thouroghly tested for Windows 10. You can't blame the programmers for not making a functioning windows edition of their freeware, when it is obviously primarily made for Linux, but that doesn't make it work better if you have a windows PC.
    Last edited by UkingViking; 09-11-2017 at 11:34 AM.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Are there good tutorials on any of the above-mentioned video-making software that aren't poorly written by 12-year-olds on YouTube?

Last edited by uke1950; 09-17-2017 at 04:48 AM.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

For ShortCut there is an abundance of toturials on youtube.
    Some of them decent, some of them less so.

Thread Information