Is it possible my Kala uke doesn't take CR2032 batteries?

oxband

Reaction score
I've tried changing the batteries twice on my uke, and each time it doesn't work. I can't turn the tuner on. It's possible there's a problem with the electronics, although it was working till the first batteries stopped working. The batteries fit it perfectly, and it seems unlikely that both times I've put in batteries, I have put in duds. But I figured I'd ask here.

I've tried changing the batteries twice on my uke, and each time it doesn't work. I can't turn the tuner on. It's possible there's a problem with the electronics, although it was working till the first batteries stopped working. The batteries fit it perfectly, and it seems unlikely that both times I've put in batteries, I have put in duds. But I figured I'd ask here.

have you tried to flip the batteries over? despite fitting in the slot or battery carrier, sometimes it is hard to tell which way is the + side and which way is the - side where the batteries go in.

if you reverse the batteries, and make sure that they are both pointing the same way, i.e. in series with the + of one batt to the - of the other batt and both +'s going the same way, see if that works?

also, a battery tester might help you, but not everybody has one in the junk drawer in the kitchen :)

Please report back

I just checked my battery supply here, to confirm something I thought of. CR2016 batteries are the same diameter as the CR2032. They are just a bit thinner I believe. If flipping it over, as already suggested didn't fix it, then maybe it's a 2016...That said, surely someone at Kala can confirm for you if you call or e-mail them.

This might be an outside shot, but I'm going to take it. Were your batteries cheap foreign knock-offs? If so, they might be DOA. Try a brand name battery and see what happens.

You say that you changed them, what battery came out of it? If you didn't look at them to see, and if you threw them away, I'm going to second jer's suggestion. Why don't you just give them a call at Kala and ask them. But if you still want us to keep guessing, knowing what Kala ukulele you have and what pickup is in it might narrow it down a bit.

Last edited:
Isn't it interesting how some people come here, post once with a problem, get all sorts of helpful answers, and never return?
Hmmmmm.....

Isn't it interesting how some people come here, post once with a problem, get all sorts of helpful answers, and never return?
Hmmmmm.....

Methinks they were distracted by something shiny, as bait, and were then kidnapped by a Randy Rhoads tribute band

Isn't it interesting how some people come here, post once with a problem, get all sorts of helpful answers, and never return? Hmmmmm.....
Can't tell you many times I notice that, never could understand.

Can't tell you many times I notice that, never could understand.

Another idea, folks come on here, make an acct, ask a question, and when they come back they have forgotten the password to login, so they cannot post back to the thread, while also being ignorant of the 'FORGOT PASSWORD' function that emails you a link to reset your password....

I wonder what ever happened with the banjolele? That was back in 2013. http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?86445-Recommendations-for-a-banjolele

Since that post was on 09-27-2013, maybe the OP is regulated by a somewhat 4-yr schedule, and can only check the forum so often, deployed military or something like that...

I see a handful of drive-by posters, and like you guys often wonder why...usually to no avail. :)

another theory - are you ready?
maybe it was ALIENS? as in abduction....

Since that post was on 09-27-2013, maybe the OP is regulated by a somewhat 4-yr schedule, and can only check the forum so often, deployed military or something like that...

I see a handful of drive-by posters, and like you guys often wonder why...usually to no avail. :)

another theory - are you ready?
maybe it was ALIENS? as in abduction....

Perhaps he or she figured it out and just didn't realize that we would all be back here checking periodically to see what happened. A lot of people are just looking for some information and not looking to become a part of a ukulele cult, I mean community.;)

... and not looking to become a part of a ukulele cult, I mean community.;)

ssshhhh, remember 'The First Rule of Uke Cult is, nobody talks about Uke Cult.'

:rofl:​

It is Oxband!

My reason for not responding is far more mundane: I didn't have the automatic notification on. I didn't think I had responses I guess.

I took the uke to a repair shop and they said it's not the batteries but they can't fix it. Well, they could but setting up a new pickup would be 300 and the uke was 200. Frustrating! I'm contacting Kala customer service but not optimistic.

Never got the banjolele....One day....

Top Bottom