FS: Thomastik Flatwound .027 and .030 Strings

Status
Not open for further replies.

bratsche

Reaction score
I have for sale three flatwound .027 and three flatwound .030 Thomastik classical guitar strings. They are new and fresh. I bought the entire sets because I wanted the other four strings in them (1,2,5 & 6) to use for fifths tuning on my ukes. I know a lot of people here use the middle two strings, so I thought I'd offer them here so they don't go to waste. You can get them for less than buying them individually at JustStrings, plus you'll help defray my cost. That's a win-win for both of us. ;)

All six of these flatwound strings can be yours for $32 shipped anywhere in the CONUS. Paypal accepted, F&F preferred.

Thanks for looking,

Susan

Last edited:
Score for Sam!

I love those strings. I should get paracord bracelets made from them, so I can unspool more in an emergency. :cheers:

I would like to thank the Original Poster for pricing out shipping to Canada.

As it turns out, postage to Canada is REALLY COSTLY and makes it more expensive than buying them from a retailer who gets business rates.

It is open to some one else, I am going to pass.

Last edited:
They're sold! Thanks, everyone, for your interest.

As far as fifths tuning, the first time I tried them with 2 wound bass strings on both my baritone and tenor. They "sounded" great as strings go, except for my technique and finger characteristics, which made the 3rd strings a little noisy under my picking fingers (but not my left hand), even in spite of the strings' typical Thomastik silky smoothness. The 4th strings were a non-issue, since this noise mainly involved my culprit index finger (the least fleshy of my fingertips) and my thumb not at all (very fleshy). So I experimented with fluorocarbon - bought some Seaguar Premier 130lb test leader to try as a 3rd string on my GDAE bari. I loved it enough to get a second 25 yards of the SP, this time in 100lb test for the 3rd string on my CGDA tuned tenor. It was also the perfect solution I was looking for.

So that's the reason I now only use the lowest 2 wound strings from the Thomastik sets, one for each fifths-tuned instrument. It's probably just me, though. LOL

bratsche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom