F/S: TENOR SCALE FLEA in Walnut w/cutout Rosette, a hard to find Uke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappsy

Reaction score
The Flea is now sold.

I AM NOW INCLUDING CONUS SHIPPING TO GET THIS INTO THE HANDS OF A NEW OWNER FASTER.

This listing is now on eBay. I would rather sell it here. After fees, it will be netting me approx $365, so the new price is
$365 including shipping in the CONUS.

* Pictures can be seen at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cX3rSY4LN6VxEKPw1

Here's something that you don't see everyday.

Magic Fluke at one time offered a Flea in the Tenor size. This is quite the find as I have never seen one of these come up for sale, and the only reason I have it was because I have had several conversations with one of the members here who casually mentioned he had one that he was willing to part with.

This is the Walnut Rosette model which is a laminate with a really nice rosette with cutout designs.

*The upgrades and modifications are as follows:

* This has the wood fretboard instead of the standard plastic one.

* This has the strips on the back to keep it from sliding off your body as the back is plastic and is slippery.

* I will be providing a nicer upgraded case with it.

The following were modifications made to the Flea.

* Geared tuners have been installed on it instead of the friction ones that come with it. (These are not the Pegheds that are an option on the site.)

* A plastic strap button was installed on the bottom, which can be easily taken off. If you keep it on, you cannot set the Uke down on it's flat bottom as it's no longer flat.

* One of the things that I also modified on the Flea was to reduce the overall size of the neck. I was never happy with this as I thought it was too thick and squared off for the overall size of the body, and took it upon myself to get this modified. I have used a very well respected luthier in Portland for a number of repairs and modifications, and after discussing this with him, I had to him do it. He did a fabulous job and you would never know any work was ever done to it. It looks great and and it has a much better feel to it than it did when first got it. (This is my opinion.)

The only thing to report is that the tuners were put on in a very thin area of the sides of the headstock, and if you rub your finger against the front of the tuners, you can feel that they are not perfectly symmetrical, but are on securely and cleanly and does not affect tuning at all. You really can't tell just by looking at it. (If you've seen my posts at all, you will know that I am very detailed in my descriptions so you'll know what you are getting.) It's not new but in terrific condition.

This Uke was formerly owned by the one and only Booli, a well respected and legendary member of this forum with lots and lots and lots and lots of technical experience and it was he who made this Uke so special.

I do not have any pictures of the work done on this Flea, but the following link will shows the work done on one of my other Ukes, a RISA Stick, where the neck was shaved. *The job was interesting, so I had him take pictures of it.

https://goo.gl/photos/z4m5NzBEQ8jAoayE9

Thanks again to Todd of Portland Fretworks for his wonderful work.

Price is $395. (NOW $365) This is quite the Uke and difficult to get. Shipping is $30 in the CONUS (NOW INCLUDED). Pricing this out on the website and adding the modifications put this uke at over $550.

I have never seen one of these come up for sale during my time here. Don't hesitate. Check out my posts and see my reviews. Have confidence doing business with me.

Thanks for reading.

* Pictures can be seen at:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cX3rSY4LN6VxEKPw1

Last edited:
Man Lenny! This one?!? Good luck with the sale, and if you have never dealt with Lenny before, you will be glad you did!

Thanks Mark.

A few bites, but noone has pulled the trigger yet. The fact that it's a tenor makes it that much more enticing.

Just recently visited the great folks of the MFC in Sheffield, .......wonderful people, wonderful company and a great product. And this particular ukulele is a rarity, and has both Lenny and Booli mojo......someone will be very pleased.

Just recently visited the great folks of the MFC in Sheffield, .......wonderful people, wonderful company and a great product. And this particular ukulele is a rarity, and has both Lenny and Booli mojo......someone will be very pleased.

Thanks Steve. I appreciate the nice words.

It is definitely different. I would imagine that most people have not seen a tenor Flea, so here is a chance to own something that very few do.

To further entice, I will include shipping in the CONUS and add a new set of GHS nylon strings.

This one was hard for me to let go.

But I have many instruments from The Magic Fluke Company, and too many other ukuleles and had to start downsizing.

Lenny, I am glad that you had a chance to enjoy this instrument, and as well that you are paying forward that experience to another person so they may also discover the pleasure of this limited-edition tenor Flea.

For folks not familiar with all the virtues of Fluke and Flea ukuleles made by The Magic Fluke Company, whose materials are all sourced in the mainland USA, mostly local to their location in Sheffield, MA...

...you might want to check out this thread: http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?93637-The-Magic-Fluke-Company-Appreciation-thread

Lenny, best of luck with the sale.:)

Last edited:
With all the outdoor activity, to the beach and camping during the summer here in the USA, I am surprised that nobody has bought this yet.

Maybe nobody has read the linked thread in my above post, and because of that, they have not learned that Jim Beloff was part of the team that originally created the Fluke ukulele, which was how The Magic Fluke Company got started in 1999...
see: http://www.magicfluke.com/About-Magic-Fluke-s/1814.htm

FYI: Jim Beloff is the person almost single-handed responsible for the resurgence of ukulele popularity that starting in about 1992 and has continued through today.
see:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Beloff

This listing is now on eBay. I would rather sell it here. After fees, it will be netting me approx$ 365, so the new price is

Grab it now!

This listing is now on eBay. I would rather sell it here. After fees, it will be netting me approx$ 365, so the new price is

Grab it now!

Well, folks in these parts don't call it FLEA-bay fer nuttin ya know...
(said Mr. Literal as he ROFL :rofl:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom