Tension?

...re: feeler gauges, I have a set that all together must be about 10mm thick with the full stack of gauges ... and I'm pretty sure that one of the thicker if not thickest single blade is 1mm, but maybe you are not using them properly, as it was my understanding that you would stack the blades to make height that was in-between each gradation if needed, or stack the blades to make taller, and then in the end just add the values of the thicknesses of all the blades together, so if you used a 0.25mm + a 0.35mm + a 1.1mm blade, you'd add their values and end up with a total of 1.7mm...have you tried using them that way?
Hmm ... feeler gauges, eh? Sounds a bit like a s*x toy (kidding).

The idea of stacking them had never occurred to me. I shall buy a set ASAP and give it a try. Thanks!!

Hmm ... feeler gauges, eh? Sounds a bit like a s*x toy (kidding).

The idea of stacking them had never occurred to me. I shall buy a set ASAP and give it a try. Thanks!!

No worries. I've not been to Oahu, so not sure what shops are there, but any hardware store or auto-parts store here in NJ usually has them, and likely Harbor Freight and Northern Tool have them cheaper than Stewmac online, and of course there is always Amazon and eBay...

Top Bottom