Old/new member

Olarte

Reaction score
Hi all My name is Ivan Olarte.

I was very active here and the uke community a few years ago until I hit the trifecta
Prostate cancer which was removed but has lasting effects
My 27 year IT career offshore to India for 15% which I'm now unemployed
And going through a messy divorce.

So I disable my digital footprint until the settlement including YouTube and fb.

However two friends from here Nickie and Boolie pm me and were concerned.

So I thought what a better time to come back and rejoin this wonderful community to keep my spirit up as I deal with "the perfect storm" I'm going through....

Anyway I look forward to coming back and perhaps posting from time to time

Aloha,
Ivan

Geez, sorry to hear about the crap you are dealing with . I wish you good luck.
Welcome back !

Last edited:
Welcome back brother Ivan!

You have been missed, and your absence had left a void here.

Glad you are back! :)

Hello Ivan.

It's here where I go to take my mind off things.

Welcome back.

Ivan, so good to see you back. Sorry that you've had such a mess of lousy stuff to deal with. Hope you find fun and peace in your music and this forum. I always enjoyed your post. I will pray that everything works out for you.

Sorry for your troubles.
But welcome back.

Welcome back, Ivan! Prayers for life to settle down and turn around for you!

It is nice to see your return Ivan. We look forward to your posting once again. Classical Ukers are awaiting also. Jim

It really is good to see you again, welcome back home. Troubles are tempory......ukuleles are forever.

Got that right. Music and Ukes are deep in my heart.

Thanks for the welcome back it does feel like home. And I feel the Ohana spirit from your love and support.

Luckily the settlement is the last of it. After that it's freedom peace and living my life finally.

Mahalo
Ivàn

It really is good to see you again, welcome back home. Troubles are tempory......ukuleles are forever.

Welcome back, Ivan. Are you still using Guadalupe Strings on an octave 'ukulele? I watched your video about these strings (and Kissing's videos) before I purchased a set. I like them a lot.

Olarte, welcome back. Glad you're ok but sorry you've gone through so much bad stuff. Looking forward to keeping up with your uke live.

Welcome back, Ivan. Are you still using Guadalupe Strings on an octave 'ukulele? I watched your video about these strings (and Kissing's videos) before I purchased a set. I like them a lot.

Yes still have them although I don't play it much. Glad you like them.

Good to see you again, Ivan.

I've thought about you every time someone mentions Violins.

I'm sorry about all the crap life has thrown at you. I haven't been posting videos much, dealing with multiple family members passing away, and the fallout from that, but so far my health hasn't gotten any worse (just the insulin, knocking on wood).

Remember, there are a lot of us you can email or PM any time you want/need to chat/unload. We're here for you!

We haven't forgotten you - don't forget us!

-Kurt​

Welcome home Ivan! Glad to have you back, buddy!

Have missed you very much Ivan. Sending out good thoughts always.

Top Bottom