Back to the workshop tomorrow.

Timbuck

Reaction score
About 10 days ago I woke up with a muscle spasm in the lower back :causing me a lot of pain :(. I have been walking around like drunken crab and have done no work on my ukes since...I looked in the shed today as my back is now getting better...What a mess! I've got to clean up before I can start again..My Son has been in there while I was laid up and done few jobs for himself..Tools scattered around, saw dust everywhere (mostly left by me):eek:
I recon it will take a couple of hours before I can get my bench cleared ready to start up again.

You need to get yourself an apprentice Ken. I believe apprenticeships were invented by craftsmen so they didn't have to clean up the mess.
:)

I've been an apprentice in the 1950's and 60's ....and no one would allow me to treat an apprentice the same way I learned my trade...Hit on my head with a wooden hand brush ...thumped in the stomach...slapped Across the face... swore at violently...made to make tea for 5 guys..I suppose I was a bit of a cheeky youth.:)

Anyway I've been making short visits into the workshop and doing a bit of work..the pain in the back is still there but I can now move about more freely..i just pre-bent some linings for a couple of sopranos..and now I'm back in the easy chair having a cuppa...The wife has recently got a new puppy dog (shihtzu) and I'm having to dogsit the little git :(while She goes out shopping...Yes! life is tough.;)

"got a new puppy dog (shihtzu)"

Yes, they do, but they grow out of it.

Hope your back will soon be better, Ken.

John C.

"I went to the zoo - They only had one animal. a dog - It was a Shitzu!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom