Season Of The Ukulele #286

My cars broken down on a hill somewhere near Stonehenge and I'm in Bournemouth so an unexpected day off today........had about 45 minutes to run through and upload this in time so hope it doesn't sound too scrappy.
I'd only ever heard Elvis's version of this (and UkingVikings of course) so was surprised to read it was penned by a prolific Hawaiian artist called Kui Lee who had penned and dedicated it for his wife and three young daughters after a late diagnosis of a terminal illness.

Last edited:
Yeah, two last minute videos came in!

elmann: Little Brown Gal
Aloha, Heinz, how wonderful to have you here in our Season! You chose really on of the classics and what else can we say but: perfect! :) The lei around your neck, the beach just behind you (on the wall) sunglasses and a soprano ukulele together with your smooth singing – wunderbar! Mahalo to Jägermeistertown

mythinformed: I’ll Remember You
Aloha, Mark, now this is gonna be the closing title for Season 286 and it’s great. We didn’t know about the sad origin of Kui Lee’s song so thank you for this. You somehow managed to achieve this special Elvis timbre, very very cool! Fantastic that after the trouble you had you nevertheless made it to record and upload such a great rendition in 45 minutes. Excellent. Mahalo!

So – That was it, the Aloha-Season is over!
We had 40 official entries and 7 bonuses and all of them were just great! We had a fantastic shirt show too! Thank you all so much for participating and making this Season happen.

There also will be prizes! We’ll need at least on more day to listen to the songs again and choosing the „winners“ and make a wrap up video.

So see you soon, stay tuned and have fun with your holiday-songs in Season 287!!

Mahalo
Miri & Steffen

I couldn't resist adding some picking to my entry although its done in my usual primitive way along with the vid so I'll leave it up to the hosts discretion if it can be swapped .........ok pretty please lol

I couldn't resist adding some picking to my entry although its done in my usual primitive way along with the vid so I'll leave it up to the hosts discretion if it can be swapped .........ok pretty please lol

Your wish is granted (the added picking is nice although version 1 was better soundwise)

Hey Seasonistas!

We know that we promised a wrap-up video, but it’s gonna be a post only. Sorry, but we’re just too busy right now and we don’t want to let you wait on our final statements too long.

Nevertheless we had a great time watching all your videos again and as always it’s been almost impossible to choose one. But what we realized is that this time we were deeply impressed by the original songs. Not only were these well performed but all fine examples for creative songwriting where the music and the lyrics work perfectly together and also fit in this week’s theme.

Therefore picked three favorites as there are (in order of appearance):

Pabrizzer: Never Been To Hawaii
AlanDP: From Texas To Hawai’i
bonesigh: Next Time

Special congrats to you three for your great work.

From these three we picked one as a „winner“ because this ballad sounds so sweet and longing and it is such a nice mix of old Texas style and the Hawaiian feeling that we are proud to announce our favorite song of Season 286:

AlanDP: From Texas To Hawai’i

Congratulation! You can choose between two prizes: Either a not for sale but for friends only original Ukelites shirt or a download of our friend’s and Seasonista Mike F’s – the boy with the greyhound tattoo – brand new mini album. Please PM us for details.

That’s it – Thank you all for this great week. Aloha, The Ukelites
Miri & Steffen

Great Season Ukelites! Congrats to the well-deserving winners and to all of us who played!

Greetings,

Thanks to our fine hosts, and congrats to the winners.

Ciao
Gina

Thanks for a great season, dear friends!! Congratulations to our highly deserving recognitionees!

Just now seeing this. Congratulations Alan :)

Thanks so much Ukelites for the fun week!

Just saw this today. Why thank you so much Miri & Steffen for picking my song, "Next Time", as a favorite. Pa's was also a favorite, so congrats and congratulations to Alan too on his wonderful original and the win!! The Ukelites are part of the Seasonista clan that has gotten brighter and brighter with each passing year. Best of luck to you :)

Top Bottom