Art on a Postcard Ukulele Gallery

UkeStuff

Reaction score
This was in my Apple News feed; did a search on UU and didn't see any other mentions, so I thought I would post this.

http://www.artonapostcard.com/blog/ukulelesrevealed

This summer, a summer school program joined our local ukulele club for a session, and the kids brought their own hand painted ukuleles that they made as a part of that program. Pretty neat idea. I do know that Ohana is offering a "paint your own" model.

Those look wonderful! The boundless creativity of those kids is really astounding, as well as is their art ability.

Also, nice to see mention of Pete Howlett's contributions.

Thanks for sharing this! :)

Those look wonderful! The boundless creativity of those kids is really astounding, as well as is their art ability.

Also, nice to see mention of Pete Howlett's contributions.

Thanks for sharing this! :)

Ditto, great stuff!
I love kids' art.

wow! wonderful art. I recall some thread in which Pete Howlett referred to this upcoming project. Great to see how it turned out spectacularly.

These pieces were a challenge. Norman Ackroyd's was given to us as three prints on Japanese paper which is like woven cloth! It was so delicate that at one point Tom as starting to rub the print off as he pressed down the artwork. We glued it iwht old fashioned fish glue... On two of them, we somehow put on the wrong fingerboards. On one of these, Tom had to do a skillful replacement with me showing him how to 'plane-off' a fimgerboard without disturbing the finish (too much). We had to do it his way to preserve the edge of the artwork! Each akso had to be sprayed without any 'going over' or cutting back!

These pieces were a challenge. Norman Ackroyd's was given to us as three prints on Japanese paper which is like woven cloth! It was so delicate that at one point Tom as starting to rub the print off as he pressed down the artwork. We glued it iwht old fashioned fish glue... On two of them, we somehow put on the wrong fingerboards. On one of these, Tom had to do a skillful replacement with me showing him how to 'plane-off' a fimgerboard without disturbing the finish (too much). We had to do it his way to preserve the edge of the artwork! Each akso had to be sprayed without any 'going over' or cutting back!

Pete - thank you for participating in this. I have no connection with this project at all, but I am truly touched by your efforts to share the fruits of your labours with these children, and once again demonstrates that you are as much a true gentleman as you are a master artisan luthier. Your legacy will be a great inspiration to so many others. :)

Beautiful, wonderful, inspiring. Bravo.

Not that altruistic - I got paid for the work but they got a very healthy discount... and a donated uke decorated with my wife's artwork which raised £600

Wow, very nice!
You can tell that a lot of love and effort went into creating these.
Love it.

Thanks. I thought I was done acquiring for a while. Now I want to get a less expensive one and have my wif paint it. Shes very good.

Those are so beautiful! I've always wanted to be able to paint.

Top Bottom