San Diego shops?

thaidye39

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm in vacation in San Diego (specifically Coronado Island) and didn't bring my ukulele!! Bad decision.

Who lives here and knows where to go (or who lives here and wants to sell a uke?)?

Much appreciated.

Music Mart in Solano Beach has a good selection...

I ended up at a place called the blue guitar (I swore I saw a recommendation reply, but maybe not) and PLAYED a Kamaka and a Romero Creation (and a Córdoba mini o).. I BOUGHT a Taylor GS Mini. Thanks everyone!

Shoot. I wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

Hale is a nice shop. The pics on the web site are representative. Scads of uses. Mostly soprano and tenor... low to upper mid-range. Rick, the owner, is very chill and will let you help yourself to the ukes and test drive to your hearts content. There's a studio a couple of doors down where workshops are held. Craig Chee and Sarah Maisel are locals, so they are sem-regulars, but others stop in. Check the calendar on the web page. Hale is about 20 min from the airport, so accessible wherever you are staying.

The only knock is that they don't have a luthier or tech, so they don't do setups.

But if you're visiting San Diego it's worth a visit even if you only buy strings to support an independent shop.

Top Bottom