White strings other than Aquila?

strat4me

Reaction score
Anyone make white strings other than Aquila?

Thank you. I had read this previously but nowhere is the word "white" to be found. Looking for white strings not made by Aquila. Aurora does but they are "designed by Aquila" so just appear to be licensed under another name. Alternatives to Nyglut in white?

Last edited:
I've seen white 'tynex' nylon strings, that were very inexpensive, like $2 per set, I think the brand was 'Hilo' and at one time GHS might have made a set...

also one might look at banggood.com, aliexpress.com suntekstore.com, or meritline.com - all Asian vendors that sell inexpensive and/or copycat products...I recall seeing white nylon ukulele strings being sold at one of them, but not sure which...

D'Addario make nyltech strings - they are listed as being 'ivory'. They're based on the same formula as nylguts but manufactured by D'Addario.

D'Addario make nyltech strings - they are listed as being 'ivory'. They're based on the same formula as nylguts but manufactured by D'Addario.

jollyboy, are you sure? I thought I read someplace that Aquila blended and made those for D'Addario....I could be wrong....

jollyboy, are you sure? I thought I read someplace that Aquila blended and made those for D'Addario....I could be wrong....

I actually asked Mimmo himself (founder, CEO and lead engineer of Aquila) about the origins of the D'Addario Nyltech strings, and about the relationship between D'Addario and Aquila, and his answer was somewhat vague but he sort of inferred that I was on the right path when I mentioned something about Aquila licensing the recipe to D'Addario, and he also said that they are in fact, not exactly the same as ANY Aquila product, but instead something else.

I did not press for further details, and left it to mean that either Aquila has retained and not shared certain intellectual property, and/or that D'Addario has altered whatever recipe they had received and 'salted' and 'seasoned' it to their own specifications....

Top Bottom