Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ambient Ukulele video - a very NON-Traditional experience

Default Ambient Ukulele video - a very NON-Traditional experience

This Composition was created with my Pono Octave 8-Steel String Baritone Ukulele for the unique opportunity of the Chords of Orion Ambient Guitar Contest. I really enjoy his channel and would recommend checking him out and his music. Tuning in Octaves DdGgBBEE

This is what Musical Meditation sounds like to me and I am grateful to be at a place in my journey of learning where I can create a feeling from music.

In creating content for the Ukulele whether 4 or 8 string, I hope to encourage others to be inspired through use of Effects Pedals.

Every Challenge is an opportunity in disguise and what a challenge this piece was at times! I learned so much through this process and never gave up even on nights where I was the most frustrated.

Since I live in a Musical Household my cat Figaro will display his vocal chops at one point in the video. He is always either adding his voice or his presence in front of the camera in my Videos.

The natural sound of Thunder was added by Mother Nature herself the night it was recorded.

I hope you Enjoy this piece and I look forward to creating more like it in the future. As well as the opportunities to collaborate with others and create some really wonderful soundscapes. I am dedicating my channel Joan of Uke to sharing and explaining the use of effects pedals for ukulele players. I have a DIY Pedalboard for Ukulele players with a demo at the end of a tenor and a baritone with effects pedal use. My Instagram which I post a lot of short music clips of this kind of stuff is @joanofuke

Thank you All for Watching!

https://youtu.be/aSKQLXumHA8
    Last edited by Braga2966; 08-08-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    Kala Concert Exotic Series - Blue - Low G-CEA
    Fanner Electric custom Ukutele - Low G-CEA
    Oscar Schmidt Spalted Mango Tenor - Wound LowG-woundC-EA
    Pono Baritone Nui BN-1 - DGBE
    Pono Octave Nui - 8-Steel String - dDgGbbee

I'm pretty Ukecited to be here!

Very cool. Unusual. haunting.

Thank you cyber3d. Figured a change of pace was needed

Nice job Joan. I enjoyed the soothing sounds.

Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed them.

Nice work, I like it. I've been experimenting with pedals, nothing worth sharing. Would love to see a little more discussion on the topic from time to time. I checked out the rest of your channel too; great stuff. I really enjoyed your live performances and your pedalboard diy is great! Thanks for sharing.

This is dreamy stuff. Love it. We used to have a guy here iamambient (or something like that) who did similar ambient-type works. Cool and relaxing
    "If a lot of people play the ukulele, the world would be a better place to live."

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    Nice work, I like it. I've been experimenting with pedals, nothing worth sharing. Would love to see a little more discussion on the topic from time to time. I checked out the rest of your channel too; great stuff. I really enjoyed your live performances and your pedalboard diy is great! Thanks for sharing.
    Thank you! Keep experimenting! Also play with the placements in your chain if you have more then one. Def get an EQ! I love discussing pedals and Ukuleles.. that is the purpose of my channel to walk ukulele players through it. I want to do a 101 things you will need to get started ukulele pedal use video but life has been busy so I'm hoping in the next week or so to start filming that and then editing which takes a bit of time too. Day job first and then go home and work on videos! I do most of the work lol I am really looking forward to inspiring other ukulele players to get into pedal use.. but for now in the spectrum of Reverb, delays, EQ.. I know a lot of people want to preserve the ukulele sound and not distort too much like distortion.. fuzz.. overdrive..etc

I have a page on FB now Joan of Uke and I'm also sharing kool education videos on how history and effects came to be so not just my stuff but kool stuff I find worth sharing and spreading the knowledge Instagram I post small vids more frequently then my YouTube channel as that is more of a planned production that takes time @joanofuke

Quote Originally Posted by igorthebarbarian View Post
    This is dreamy stuff. Love it. We used to have a guy here iamambient (or something like that) who did similar ambient-type works. Cool and relaxing
    Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed it

That's awesome, I wonder if he still does those?

Cool, I just subbed to your channel so I can follow along.
    I'm on the mellow end of things. I have a Micro Pog which I love and a Behringer Reverb pedal. I run through a Baggs Para Acoustic DI. At some point I bought a Zoom G1xON but I rarely use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Braga2966 View Post
    Thank you! Keep experimenting! Also play with the placements in your chain if you have more then one. Def get an EQ! I love discussing pedals and Ukuleles.. that is the purpose of my channel to walk ukulele players through it. I want to do a 101 things you will need to get started ukulele pedal use video but life has been busy so I'm hoping in the next week or so to start filming that and then editing which takes a bit of time too. Day job first and then go home and work on videos! I do most of the work lol I am really looking forward to inspiring other ukulele players to get into pedal use.. but for now in the spectrum of Reverb, delays, EQ.. I know a lot of people want to preserve the ukulele sound and not distort too much like distortion.. fuzz.. overdrive..etc

I have a page on FB now Joan of Uke and I'm also sharing kool education videos on how history and effects came to be so not just my stuff but kool stuff I find worth sharing and spreading the knowledge Instagram I post small vids more frequently then my YouTube channel as that is more of a planned production that takes time @joanofuke

Thread Information