Which Guitarlele should I buy, asking for advice please!

... I can't find anything, though, that's between the Kala/Cordoba/Yamaha six strings and this very expensive, but lovely Kiku instrument. Any suggestions?

This is exactly how I feel. I would love to own a high quality guitalele/guilele/kiku type of instrument, but not spend more than 4k on it. If I could afford it, I'd go for a Lichty Baby Bard or Kinnard Kiku. I guess the Kanilea GL6 and KoAloha D-VI would be the middle ground. However, my own preferences would be for a more guitar-like look, a spruce or cedar top, preferably slotted headstock, gloss finish, definitely a radius fretboard (not a must for me on a uke, but definitely helpful with six strings) and a slightly slimmer neck than the Kanilea and KoAloha. They have a nut width of 2" (51 mm), I'd prefer something around 1 7/8" (47 mm). Tenor or baritone body; scale length could be anywhere in between 17 and 21". desgined for nylon strings and a tuning between E-E, G-G (Terz), or A-A. I've tried to talk John Kitakis of Pono into making such a model, as I think they would get it exactly right and fill the gap in between the cheap stuff and the pricey custom builds. He liked the idea but didn't want to add another model just then. While the market for such an intermediate priced guitalele is probably small, I'm sure there are some others next to you and me who would appreciate such an offering.

Top Bottom