Hello from Switzerland

Micha

Reaction score
Hi,

I live at the boarder of Switzerland / Germany at Lake Constance.

Started to play Guitar and now I would like to also learn to play the ukelele.

Am thinking about gettin a 6 string model, so I could also use it as a mini guitar.

Would be great to get some inspiration to get startet!

Micha :)

Last edited:
Sali Micha, and welcome from a fellow Swiss uker.

Am thinking about getting a 6 string model, so I could also use it as a mini guitar. Would be great to get some inspiration to get started!

The instrument you are referring to is often called Guilele or Guitalele/Guitarlele. If you google that, you'll find that there are several models around that are cheap.

However, coming from the Guitar myself, I would advise you to pick up a regular Ukulele first. The chord shapes are exactly the same, just a quart higher, so an A chord on the Guitar (002220) is a D chord on the Uke (2220), your familiar D chord (xx0232) is a G chord (0232), and a G chord (320003) is now a C chord, but even simpler without having to cover the two bass strings (0003).

By the way: My wife and I currently have several Ukes for sale, ranging from a cheap but great entry level laminate Kala Concert to some very fine all solid wood models, like a Pono Mango Pineapple:

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...kes-for-Sale-must-be-picked-up-in-Switzerland

You're welcome to come and play them in Zürich. We also have a couple of Guitaleles, so you could try those, too. Send me a message if you're interested (I speak German).

Top Bottom