Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music Files

Default Music Files

I don't see an icon for attaching an audio file. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do this, especially since this forum is music-related?

Quote Originally Posted by lfoo6952 View Post
    I don't see an icon for attaching an audio file. Wouldn't it be nice if we could do this, especially since this forum is music-related?
    An expensive proposition.
    __̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.___

Kala SMHCE-C | Outdoor Tenor | KA-SRT-CTG-CE
    I just realized I missed the limited sale of the Outdoor Tenor in Amethyst. (T_T)

You can include a link to your music within a post. Most people do it this way.
    Keith M --> likes a long neck - & being different.....

thanks for the suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by uke1950 View Post
    You can include a link to your music within a post. Most people do it this way.
    Were it not for SoundCloud going to be bankrupt in a few months (several sources say they've burned thru 3 rounds of venture capital and failed to turn a profit at all, and have also fired 2/3+ of their employees in the past month), I might have recommended them...but not know, in a short while they will likely be no more...

in lieu of another option, you can make a video, with a static image and the music playing and put it on YT....

the forum has a button in the editor window that looks like a filmstrip, and you click that and post the YT url...

works well and folks in the Seasons are putting up hundreds of videos per week with no tax on the limited resources of UU...

videos EMBEDDED to forum posts can PLAY in the forum post without leaving UU...

oh, almost forgot, lots of folks put their audio on Dropbox or Google drive and offer a link to that

for UU to allow audio uploads directly there is a MASSIVE requirement for storage of the files, which costs lots of $$$$ and they will also need an attorney on retainer to fight DMCA claims and defend fair use against copyright trolls, also costs lots of $$$$

YT can do it because they are owned by Google, and Google almost 'owns' the internet and has gazillions of dollars in cash and equity so they can afford the lawyers if needed, but mostly the MPAA & RIAA are either lax with YT or business partners with YT and get 'hush money' so we hear less about this now than we used to...
    Please click here for Booli's Help Page which contains tips & answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
    If you are a uke newbie, this will be good reading for you.
    [ o>==::

Thanks Booli. The reason I wanted to upload my music file (using Soundcloud, by the way) was to demo the Blue Yeti mic you recommended a couple of weeks ago. I am quite happy with it, so thanks for the recommendation!

Your right about Soundcloud. It's not working well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lfoo6952 View Post
    Thanks Booli. The reason I wanted to upload my music file (using Soundcloud, by the way) was to demo the Blue Yeti mic you recommended a couple of weeks ago. I am quite happy with it, so thanks for the recommendation!

Your right about Soundcloud. It's not working well for me.
    Aside from the social-linking and playlist features, IMHO SoundCloud has little advantage over DropBox or Google Drive, both of which offer the ability to play audio files within their interface...and YOU control the audio quality of the file, YouTube is notorious for mangling the audio quality unless you are a paid user.

I have often thought about establising 'a presence' on SoundCloud, but that seems like a hassle to me to add to YT, and eventually Bandcamp or CD Baby, etc. I have a SC account, but have used it very little, and will not miss it.

I also have my own web site (under revision and offline at the moment) which is likely where I would host media, because in all the other cases, you have no control if the services drop off and close shop tomorrow, and there are major privacy concerns for me as well...which is why I've not put my original music online anywhere until I can file for copyright, otherwise you are literally 'just giving it away', but for a simple sound demo or cover tunes, the above mentioned should be just fine.

I am looking forward to hearing your demo. Please report back once you have it online somewhere...

I am glad the Yeti is working well for you...
    Please click here for Booli's Help Page which contains tips & answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
    If you are a uke newbie, this will be good reading for you.
    [ o>==::

Didn't know SoundCloud was on the way out, but it doesn't really surprise me, how long can anything remain free in this day & age.

(Personally, I use YT, with pictures, & not video, mostly.)

OK, I uploaded my song (La Vie En Rose) into Google Drive. Hope it works. I'm not too savvy with technology. Let me know if this link works:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4E...ew?usp=sharing

Yep! That worked. Sounded nice.

Thread Information