Help! My uke crack on both side of the bridge

sekato_2

Reaction score
Hi I am Nik! When I get this uke I found a guitar builder to install active pickup. I had play uke almost 2 year. Because of my work I can't play my uke and than put inside the case around 2 year, last night I take it out I found my uke crack on both side of the bridge. Any way I can fix or prevent the crack side extent? Many thanks!
It is really hurt 😭 I save lot of money to buy this uke!
IMG_5014.jpgIMG_5016.jpgIMG_5017.jpg

The very FIRST thing I would do is to slack the strings so there is no tension on the bridge, or remove them completely if you have not done so already. Leaving it tuned up is going to add to the problem.

The next thing I'd do is contact either the builder/luthier or the place of purchase and send photos, and inquire about repairs.

Unless you have the tools, the knowledge and the skills, this is not really a repair that an average person can fix. Simply filling in the cracks with glue from the top is only going to make it look bad, and have little effect on the crack itself since the uke has a glossy finish. Typically a luthier will cleat the cracks from the inside.

I have no idea what that would cost, but I empathize with you, and hope you can get it repaired so you can play it again. :)

Hi I am Nik! When I get this uke I found a guitar builder to install active pickup. I had play uke almost 2 year. Because of my work I can't play my uke and than put inside the case around 2 year, last night I take it out I found my uke crack on both side of the bridge. Any way I can fix or prevent the crack side extent? Many thanks!
It is really hurt �� I save lot of money to buy this uke!
View attachment 102210View attachment 102211View attachment 102212

Same here:

I (as recommended by Booli) slacked off the strings and took it into our local guitar chop and they added braces to the top board (inside of course) to prevent further propagation of the cracks. He could not refinish the top board's glossy finish (too expensive) so the crack will have to be lived with.

We could not determine exactly why it happened. But, the best guess is too drastic of a humidity drop. It came from a fairly humid house to my house whose humidity varies wildly - from 82% to 38% daily.

The very FIRST thing I would do is to slack the strings so there is no tension on the bridge, or remove them completely if you have not done so already. Leaving it tuned up is going to add to the problem.

The next thing I'd do is contact either the builder/luthier or the place of purchase and send photos, and inquire about repairs.

Unless you have the tools, the knowledge and the skills, this is not really a repair that an average person can fix. Simply filling in the cracks with glue from the top is only going to make it look bad, and have little effect on the crack itself since the uke has a glossy finish. Typically a luthier will cleat the cracks from the inside.

I have no idea what that would cost, but I empathize with you, and hope you can get it repaired so you can play it again. :)

Thanks I just loose the string. I had contact the builder but didn't get any reply. I living in Hong Kong, I don't know where can find luthier in here😩!

Attachments

• IMG_5022.jpg
    IMG_5022.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 9
Thanks I just loose the string. I had contact the builder but didn't get any reply. I living in Hong Kong, I don't know where can find luthier in here!

No worries.

Is there a name on the headstock or on a sticker inside the sound hole? What name is there?

Woo....same as my uke! I just loose all of the sting and put it back to the box. It difficult to find good luthier in Hong Kong. Any I don't know how to do or may be send to us to fix it.

Kanile'a the spec is same as kpe tenor but the top is red cedar:(

Last edited:
Thanks! I had sent Facebook massage to them but still waiting their reply! It really hurt to see my uke crack!

A direct phone call is likely to get quicker response. I dunno how often they are active on FB.

listed on their web site contact page from above as:

Phone: (808) 234-2868

A direct phone call is likely to get quicker response. I dunno how often they are active on FB.

listed on their web site contact page from above as:

Phone: (808) 234-2868

Alright I will try to call them many thanks! ^^

Top Bottom