Season 287: Holidays's in mode on!!

Srax

Reaction score

HELLO SEASONISTAS!

And this week's theme is "HOLIDAYS’S IN MODE ON!."

I would like to have songs about holidays, songs that mention "holidays" in the title or lyrics or songs that reminds you of your vacation.

I would really welcome instrumentals and any original songs or tunes.

THE RULES

The usual rules apply:-

1. The ukulele should be the main instrument, but if you want to include other instruments, that is fine.

2. Multi-tracking, plugging in and etc. are all OK.

3. Collaborations are most welcome.

4. No songs limit (I am on holidays ;-)

5. Could you please mention or list in the video that it is for Season 287

6. The Thornton Rule is in operation - if you think that your song fits this week's theme, then it does!

7. Entries from 13th to 20th of August (Hawaiian time)

THERE WILL BE PRIZE!!!! A fantastic bag 100% handmade made by myself. I hope I have enough time to make another one. Then it will be 2 prizes! I have no idea if I will make a drawing to decide the winner or I will choose the song that I like more. Surely, if I have time to make another bag, I will choose one song at random and another that inspires me more on vacation.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THERE IS A WHOLE 'NOTHER DAY OF UKELITES EXCELLENT HAWAI SONGS ... KEEP THEM COMING IN!

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVjfMwfbLhH94qB_ywv0BbWYMmHjHaDXk

A Hug!

Sara

Hi guys! Sorry I have been away from the Seasons of late. Learning to deal with kidney failure is a tough nut to crack. I have also been hampered by software/operating system problems on both my Windows and new Apple operating systems. The problem is the microphones of several different mic systems at best only record at a whisper. No Season vids til I solve that one.

On the other hand I have been practicing and working up to performances at the Philadelphia Folk Festival this week! That is my Holiday and maybe I can get a video in for your Season Sara! Iam planning to attend UkeNJ the following week and Iam looking forwrd to seeing and playing with some of you Seasonistas there, Aloha!

Great idea Sara. This is exactly what I was going to do in a few weeks if it hadn't been done yet. No better time than now :)

Thanks so much for hosting this week!

I did this song waaaaaay back when I first started doing the seasons. Back then I couldn't play a D major and didn't realise you can't necessarily swap in a Dm because it's easier.

Not only does this song have a definitely holiday vibe, it was also a regular occurrence on my dad's Road trip playlists when I was a kid.

Here's some Sex Pistols now.

As ever, plus put any mistakes down to this being a punk song.

...hampered by software/operating system problems on both my Windows and new Apple operating systems. The problem is the microphones of several different mic systems at best only record at a whisper. No Season vids til I solve that one....

I had this problem when I started using USB mics, take a look in the 'preferences', usually under 'edit', need to select the right input.

Wonderful theme, Sara!

Beach songs ... I need a tenor or alto or soprano to help with the chorus. Jump right in ... the water's fine!

Hi guys! Sorry I have been away from the Seasons of late. Learning to deal with kidney failure is a tough nut to crack. I have also been hampered by software/operating system problems on both my Windows and new Apple operating systems. The problem is the microphones of several different mic systems at best only record at a whisper. No Season vids til I solve that one.

On the other hand I have been practicing and working up to performances at the Philadelphia Folk Festival this week! That is my Holiday and maybe I can get a video in for your Season Sara! Iam planning to attend UkeNJ the following week and Iam looking forwrd to seeing and playing with some of you Seasonistas there, Aloha!

We miss you around here Tommy, thanks for the update! far as your tech issues go, I wonder if your mic output level on the computer is defaulting down to nothing? Maybe check where your speaker levels are located and see if the mic levels are turned up or not.

If all those years of watching British comedies haven't failed me, when a European says "on holiday," s/he means the same thing as when an American says "on vacation." I hope this is correct.

This is my first attempt recording something using a program called ChordPulse. I was playing around with the "lite" version a lot last week (not recording, just playing around) and today I downloaded the 14-day trial of the full version. I think, based on what it does and how easy it is to use, and also how little it costs ($21.95 American), I'm going to buy it. It creates a backing rhythm track of bass, percussion and chords but I turned off the chords since I was supplying that with the ukulele. I don't intend to use it with every song from now on, but I'm hoping that using it more will help me nail down my tempo because I know I'm bad about not keeping a good, fixed tempo.

As usual, I mixed the rhythm track with my singing/playing track using Audacity, synced the video with the audio with good ol' Windows Movie Maker.

Can't seem to get my mind off of you
Back here at home there's nothin' to do
Now that I'm away
I wish I'd stayed
Tomorrow's a day of mine
That you won't be in

When you looked at me, I should have run
But I thought it was just for fun
I see I was wrong
And I'm not so strong
I should have known all along
That time would tell

A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you yet
Vacation - all I ever wanted
Vacation - had to get away
Vacation - meant to be spent alone
Vacation - all I ever wanted
Vacation - had to get away
Vacation - meant to be spent alone

Last edited:

Tommy! I had no idea that you was in the hospital with a kidney failure!

Many moods and a warm hug from Barcelona!

Sara

Top Bottom