Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 287: Holidays's in mode on!!

Quote Originally Posted by IamNoMan View Post
    ...hampered by software/operating system problems on both my Windows and new Apple operating systems. The problem is the microphones of several different mic systems at best only record at a whisper. No Season vids til I solve that one....
    I had this problem when I started using USB mics, take a look in the 'preferences', usually under 'edit', need to select the right input.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Wonderful theme, Sara!

Beach songs ... I need a tenor or alto or soprano to help with the chorus. Jump right in ... the water's fine!

KoAlana KCA- 0010 mahogany concert <VBG> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top, willow back/sides) • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany gloss finish soprano • Fluke natural concert <BG> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Koa soprano Flea • Islander MAT-4 spalted maple tenor • Makala MK-CE concert • Lanakai LU-21 baritone

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

I know that someone will be doing Billie Holiday. Who will be the first?

Quote Originally Posted by John Sargent View Post
    I know that someone will be doing Billie Holiday. Who will be the first?
    i know that someone will be bringing a certain madonna song! but who will be first? oh....................... it looks like it's me!

"holiday"

This is a Webb Pierce song I've wanted to try for awhile now. I love songs of this style.

A mid 70's David Allan Coe hippy country rocker here.

Hi guys! Sorry I have been away from the Seasons of late. Learning to deal with kidney failure is a tough nut to crack. I have also been hampered by software/operating system problems on both my Windows and new Apple operating systems. The problem is the microphones of several different mic systems at best only record at a whisper. No Season vids til I solve that one.

On the other hand I have been practicing and working up to performances at the Philadelphia Folk Festival this week! That is my Holiday and maybe I can get a video in for your Season Sara! Iam planning to attend UkeNJ the following week and Iam looking forwrd to seeing and playing with some of you Seasonistas there, Aloha!
    We miss you around here Tommy, thanks for the update! far as your tech issues go, I wonder if your mic output level on the computer is defaulting down to nothing? Maybe check where your speaker levels are located and see if the mic levels are turned up or not.

I wrote this today, just for the Season!

Randy - Harry122

If all those years of watching British comedies haven't failed me, when a European says "on holiday," s/he means the same thing as when an American says "on vacation." I hope this is correct.

This is my first attempt recording something using a program called ChordPulse. I was playing around with the "lite" version a lot last week (not recording, just playing around) and today I downloaded the 14-day trial of the full version. I think, based on what it does and how easy it is to use, and also how little it costs ($21.95 American), I'm going to buy it. It creates a backing rhythm track of bass, percussion and chords but I turned off the chords since I was supplying that with the ukulele. I don't intend to use it with every song from now on, but I'm hoping that using it more will help me nail down my tempo because I know I'm bad about not keeping a good, fixed tempo.

As usual, I mixed the rhythm track with my singing/playing track using Audacity, synced the video with the audio with good ol' Windows Movie Maker.

Can't seem to get my mind off of you
    Back here at home there's nothin' to do
    Now that I'm away
    I wish I'd stayed
    Tomorrow's a day of mine
    That you won't be in

When you looked at me, I should have run
    But I thought it was just for fun
    I see I was wrong
    And I'm not so strong
    I should have known all along
    That time would tell

A week without you
    Thought I'd forget
    Two weeks without you and I
    Still haven't gotten over you yet
    Vacation - all I ever wanted
    Vacation - had to get away
    Vacation - meant to be spent alone
    Vacation - all I ever wanted
    Vacation - had to get away
    Vacation - meant to be spent alone
    Last edited by AlanDP; 08-13-2017 at 02:14 PM. Reason: added lyrics for Srax
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Hi guys! Sorry I have been away from the Seasons of late. Learning to deal with kidney failure is a tough nut to crack. I have also been hampered by software/operating system problems on both my Windows and new Apple operating systems. The problem is the microphones of several different mic systems at best only record at a whisper. No Season vids til I solve that one.

On the other hand I have been practicing and working up to performances at the Philadelphia Folk Festival this week! That is my Holiday and maybe I can get a video in for your Season Sara! Iam planning to attend UkeNJ the following week and Iam looking forwrd to seeing and playing with some of you Seasonistas there, Aloha!
    Tommy! I had no idea that you was in the hospital with a kidney failure!

Many moods and a warm hug from Barcelona!

Sara

Thread Information