Used with bridge lifting?

strat4me

Reaction score
Considering this used Bruko Baritone but see what looks like a lifting bridge. Action is reported as good but...should I be concerned

View attachment 102280

New player

I'd be wary, unless it was a total giveaway on the price. It will cost to have that repaired, as it has probably not been humidified properly, and who knows what else dried out (loose braces, sharp fret edges, etc). Bruko's are usually priced reasonably, I'd look for a pristine example, or even a brand new one.

Last edited:
I'd be wary, unless it was a total giveaway on the price. It will cost to have that repaired, as it has probably not been humidified properly, and who knows what else dried out (loose braces, sharp feet edges, etc). Bruko's are usually priced reasonably, I'd look for a pristine example, or even a brand new one.

I agree. There are plenty of ukes online to choose from. Uness you want to deal with glueing the bridge back on when it inevitably pops off, and deal with other issues as said above, I'd rethink this one.

However, if you have a wood shop, lots of clamps, cauls, other tools and copious amounts of free time and are up for an adventure, have at it! :)

Otherwise you are eventually going to be looking for a luthier to do repairs for you, and then there is more $$$ involved.

Top Bottom