Model of Martin Concert Uke with mahagany topm purchased in 1950

dhwliu

Reaction score
I have a Martin Concert Ukulele, purchased for me by mother in 1950. I want to know its market value (assuming excellent condition), but cannot identify its model code. The uke is constructed completely of mahogany.

Go to the forum below called Uke Talk and post some pics of it, someone should be able to tell you!

Go to the forum below called Uke Talk and post some pics of it, someone should be able to tell you!

Yes, as Nickie said. - either Uke Talk or Buying Tips sections...

This section of the forum is specifically for requests regarding the forum itself, posting issues, reading issues, etc.

It is most likely a C1. You can identify it by the following specs: 12 frets; single markers on the 5th and 10th frets, double markers on the 7th fret; the exterior binding is faux tortoise shell.

There were a few style 2 concert ukuleles made, but they are exceedingly rare. Were it a style 2, the outer binding on the body would be white, or ivoroid as it is called. Don't be confused, the Style 1 of this period with clearly show a thin white line of purling, but the outer material, the binding, is the darker, tortoise. The outermost layer on the style 2 is white.

If it is in great condition, it could fetch about $1,500, particularly if it comes with the original case (also in great shape), although they most often bring considerably less...about half that much if they are noticeably played.

Top Bottom