For Possible Sale: 2015 Steve Grimes Deluxe Custom Tenor SB Quilted Maple - Ameritag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
SOLD: 2015 Steve Grimes Deluxe Custom Tenor SB Quilted Maple - Ameritag

Considering selling my Steve Grimes Deluxe Custom Tenor with Sunburst finished Quilted Maple with outstanding looks and sounds. It is in mint, condition, as received new from Steve Grimes. When Steve sent it to me he said, “if this uke doesn’t knock your socks off, send it back.” He was right. In full disclosure, there is a tiny builder finish flaw on the back of the headstock, not really an issue. There are no dings, scratches or damage. This is one of my best ukes. I should sorely miss it, but I’m reducing my collection. Currently, it is tuned linear B with Oasis Brights on the E & A and wound strings on the G &C. It sounds amazingly warm, clear, crisp. Warning: I may not be able to part with it.

Features :
  • • Master Grade Quilted Maple body
  • • Sunburst gloss finish over Entire uke
  • • Curly maple Wood binding and purfling on top, back, peghead. Rope + B/W/B purfling on front body. B/W/B/W/B purfling on back.
  • • Oval soundhole with Inlaid rope purling/ivoroid rosette
  • • Ebony bound, ebony fingerboard (flat, not radiused)
  • • Matched tonewood sets of aged wood
  • • One piece Honduras mahogany neck (no laminations)
  • • Tuned soundboard
  • • Inlaid and mitred curly maple tail strip
  • • Inlaid tie-block on ebony bridge
  • • Pocketed saddle slot for extra strength
  • • Saddle intonated
  • • Tuners: GOTOH Gold Geared with ebony buttons
  • • Built in 2015
  • • Ameritage Platinum Case

Here is a sound sample :
https://soundcloud.com/doc-hj/comparison-june-2017-grimes

SOLD!

Here’s a photo album of this uke with many more pictures. https://flic.kr/s/aHsm6EmtPz

2017-08-13 17.56.17 , on Flickr
2017-08-13 17.56.50 , on Flickr
2017-08-13 17.57.33 , on Flickr
2017-08-13 17.57.27 , on Flickr

Last edited:
STUNNER!!! Do you know Roger Rabbit and how he cannot contain himself when somebody taps out, "Shave and a haircut"? Pretty much my same reaction whenever I see gorgeous maple.

Can you post a close-up of the finish flaw?

Nooooo...... you don't want to do that....think it through my friend
!!!

STUNNER!!! Do you know Roger Rabbit and how he cannot contain himself when somebody taps out, "Shave and a haircut"? Pretty much my same reaction whenever I see gorgeous maple.

Can you post a close-up of the finish flaw?

Sure. This finish flaw is near the top right edge of the back of the headstock as seen in this photo. It wasn't worth shipping it back to Steve Grimes for such a small thing.

2017-08-13 20.29.53 by https://www.flickr.com/photos/150516092@N02/

I am almost blinded by the beauty of that instrument.

I am a sucker for sunbursts, and the figuring of the maple is like a river of hot butter.

:drool:

Ok I have to back away from the computer screen. A cold shower is in order........damn that is sexy looking ;)

Wow, that's one beautiful uke! Showcase piece in any collection.

Ok I have to back away from the computer screen. A cold shower is in order........damn that is sexy looking ;)

lol. I half to agree. This uke is a stunner!!!!

Yes Hodge, you are a strummer of Fine ukes!

The keepers must really be something very special.

Good luck with your decisions.

I had a chance to listen to the sound sample ... while yes, it IS A STUNNER to look at ... it is a feast for the ears! Such a fabulous sounding Uke. Good luck on the sale Hodge.

I have to agree with sam13 : "while yes, it IS A STUNNER to look at ... it is a feast for the ears! Such a fabulous sounding Uke."
Good luck with the sale.

Thanks all. This beauty has been sold. Gosh I'm going to miss her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom