Kala soprano banjo uke

apepper

Reaction score
Hi All, I've just bought a Kala Soprano banjo uke and it comes in a gig bag. I'd like a hard case or a padded gig bag that fits the uke; does anyone have the same uke and know of a case that fits it?

Is it an open-back, 6 inch diameter rim?

If so, a Musicians Gear regular soprano uke hardcase from Musicians Friend/Guitar Center will fit and provide basic protection.

I've previously owned a Morgan Monroe and a Lanikai 6 inch open back, and that was the case I used.

Last edited:
Hi All, I've just bought a Kala Soprano banjo uke and it comes in a gig bag. I'd like a hard case or a padded gig bag that fits the uke; does anyone have the same uke and know of a case that fits it?

Just out of curiosity how do you like the Kala Banjolele?

I've only had it a few days and it's not staying in tune yet. I've had to fiddle with the bridge position a bit and I've tried tightening the head a bit - its my first banjolele, so I've no idea what I'm doing! Adjusting the bridge made a big difference. I'm taking to my local music shop to get it set up and get fret positions put on the neck for playing it left-handed. I'm getting used to the open back - rather mysteriously, it sounds better when I play it standing up. I like the action, it feels quite easy to play. I don't think its a current model for Kala - it's not on their website; I bought mine from Thomann in Germany where it was heavily discounted.

Yes, 6" open back - thanks; I can see a few cases on the Gear4music website that I think are musicians gear cases. I'll try the local music shops to see if they've got one I can try.

Top Bottom