Season 288 - Awesome Mix Volume Uke

Here's a Jim Lauderdale song I heard a few weeks, and it's basically my life story. I love to drive, it's one of my favorite things in the world to do. But there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. A few years ago I had a job driving overnight thru a very remote area, and it got real tough at times, and this song instantly put me back there, and what my mind frame was like all those nights driving alone in literally the middle of nowhere. I didn't hit this song perfect, but I worked it up quick this morning and did my best.

The quantity seems to have slowed down again today but the quality certainly hasn't. Outstanding performances by everyone and I'm really impressed with the way people have made the songs their own.

Looking forward to seeing what else you guys can come up with!

despite my total inability to do this song, i thought i'd crack on regardless

can you maybe set up a new playlist, RAB? "awFUL mix volume BEV"?

the chain by fleetwood mac

after a fashion :uhoh:

Never learned a Bowie song before. Gave it a crack last year when we lost him but didn't feel like I could do him justice. Couldn't resist anymore, though I still don't think I did the man any justice.

Not going to get anything done this week. It's Whitby folk week so I've been otherwise occupied in sessions and singarounds 40 mins down the road and my elder daughter arrives from London today for a few days so again, I shall be otherwise occupied. Pity, I had a few songs in mind and some ideas about what to do with them but it would need time to work up and that I ain't got just now.

Not going to get anything done this week. It's Whitby folk week so I've been otherwise occupied in sessions and singarounds 40 mins down the road and my elder daughter arrives from London today for a few days so again, I shall be otherwise occupied. Pity, I had a few songs in mind and some ideas about what to do with them but it would need time to work up and that I ain't got just now.

That's a shame Geoff, but enjoy Whitby! I went there on holiday once as a kid, had a great time.

A minor point, Ryan (and quite understandable, really!), but I think you left me off the Playlist, because I came before "Rex's Raspberries".View attachment 102543

Hi Val!

You're actually on the bonus playlist rather than the Awesome Mix one because it was a road trip song.

If I have forgotten anyone else those please let me know!

A road trip song by Nick Lowe. A sort of sad & lonely late night road trip.

...and finally, for me this week, I couldn't resist a go at this one.

for a little while there i was gonna try chris rea's driving home for christmas.......................

maybe it was the fact we're only in august led me to do this instead..............

a homemade song about driving home

Greetings

Awesome theme. And I do love groot but am away at a very noisy and wonderful vacation with 26 other friends and family. Beer pong, hot tub, and karaoke are just a few highlights of this trip. Oh yea, the eclipse on the beach was cool, too. Hoping to record though.

Ciao

Top Bottom