Season 288 - Awesome Mix Volume Uke

I've done three of the songs from the movies in previous videos. I don't expect to have much time this week, so I did a new video of one of these songs. I went with "Mr. Blue Sky" because I wanted to hear how it sounded with the Mel9 pedal.

I'm Not in Love - Season 2

Moonage Daydream - Season 26

why can't I find the post with the playlist??? I see the opening post has the links to the songs and a bonus playlist. What am I missing???

homemade song about a road trip

eating up the miles
watching the world go by
town and country miles
see the world go by

are we there yet
are we there
a way to go yet
we'll soon be there

oh oh
look at us go

eating up the miles
watching the world go by
town and country miles
see the world go by

oh oh
look at us fly

If you'll all indulge me for a minute, I'd just like to share briefly how important some of these songs are to me beyond being in a film I like.

This video was done the day before my son was born. Louise's waters had broke the day before, five weeks early and we spent a couple days in the hospital completely unprepared for our impending parenthood, although the night before I was complaining about how I didn't want to wait another month. Unfortunately they had to send me home after visiting hours so I felt completely helpless, just waiting for call to say it was finally happening. Pabrizzer had a season that called for repeated words in the lyrics. So to relax and get out a bit of the emotion of the day I quickly put this together. You can sort of see how highly strung I am (and I must have aged about 10 years since) but it did mean a lot to me at the time that I had you guys for a bit of external support at that time.

Bob Dylan taught Alan Ginsberg a third chord and this opened up a new
world for him, since he was then able to enter the world of blues.
Astronauts when they went into space had chicken in a can. Space
is the last frontier for being on the road, perhaps they hope to meet
the spirit in the sky.

End of Day 2 and it's been fantastic! A few songs I really wanted to see and a couple originals in the mix too!

Keep them coming folks!

I think I've done this one for the seasons before, so this time I stepped up the production, until I was literally beside myself...

OK, I'm on a roll. The semester starts next week, so I've got to get these in now!

The way "I'm Not in Love" was originally recorded by 10cc was so insane and different from normal recording methods that there are entire "Making of" videos about it.

'Well, the milkman's a spy/And the grocer keeps on following me..." I envision this shot of a man in a white coat and a butcher apron trying to be inconspicuous. Take this on the road with you!

Top Bottom