Season 288 - Awesome Mix Volume Uke

OMG, this needs a GotG version.

It totally does. Especially as the second film touches on similar themes. Hope we see something from you this week Wendy!

Also, I have spoken to my Good Lady Wife, and there will be crocheted prizes for the bonus themes. As yet undecided but they will probably be linked in some way to the winning song. Might even let the winner make a request, who knows?

There could not be a better way to start things off Rob. Thanks for that.

I have also made a bonus playlist for the geeky originals and Road trip songs. OP amended.

You should check her channel out she does lots of original Star wars song, and sc-fi songs.
She is a very intelligent and talented song writer. I enjoy her stuff. I bet she could put all
her sc-fi songs together and make an opera out of them.

I am offering this seven year old unoriginal which I dedicated to Captain Notsosane. It is called
Notsosane gone (captured by space spider-monkeys to be their queen)
You had to be there to understand any of this. Come back Kenny and the Captains all is forgiven.

Last edited:
There's a few on that list I might try, time permitting. In the meantime, this one called to me to have a go.

I have never watched Guardians of the Galaxy, and probably never will. I watch about 1 movie a year, 2 tops, so I'm going into this Season completely ignorant. That said, I will try a few of the songs on the soundtrack listing, including this one, which has been recorded by several different artists. I've always liked it, so I gave it a silly whirl. I generally don't like doing any song others do during a Season, it's just me, nothing personal, but I may need to relax that for this week.

Redbone's "Come and Get Your Love"

Oh my goodness, I love this season! I wish I had time for better audio quality and video production, but I'm busy getting ready for the New Jersey Uke Fest happening next weekend!

Here's a quickie cell phone video of Redbone's "Come and Get Your Love".

- FiL

Blue Swede's "Hooked On a Feeling"

Here's another quickie: My take on Blue Swede's version of "Hooked On a Feeling":

- FiL

Well this has been a great start to the season so far!

All the Hooked on a Feelings have had mini-RAB singing along, three wonderfully different versions of Spirit in the Sky and and everything else has ranged from infectiously entertaining, to the completely rocking to the down right sublime.

Thanks for buying into the theme so far everyone and keep them coming!

Okay, here's my take on Hooked On A Feeling. Picking my new uke, and added piano.

This was the first one on the list I wanted to attempt and then I saw Spirit in the Sky, but I took a stab at this one as well. This is my take on I'm not in Love by 10cc.

My Son Matt and I recorded this a while back (4 years ago in fact) for a project of his.

I know it's not been done for the Season so it's fine if it doesn't count.

I can't remember a time in my life when this song wasn't a part of my musical vocabulary. I kind of launched into this song without really planning on how it would go, so I just suddenly started whistling at the end.

Just come back from an open mic to see 5 outstanding additions. Thanks guys.

Anyway, at this open Mic I thought I'd get an entry in of my own, and even roped the compere, Trev, in to help me.

I've got tomorrow and Tuesday off work so I'm looking forward to watching some more and maybe chucking one or two of my own in too.

AWESOME THEME! I am a huge SWEET fan and I realized I could never do the version I want to do I quickly gave up. Another of my favorites is Cat Stevens. His soundtrack for Harold and Maude is amazing. So I went with a cover of Father And Son for Tea For The Tillerman. I rushed this last night to get it done while I had some time. The solo isn't much and my laptop went wonky which explains some of the production quality. I hope that you enjoy this.

Top Bottom