Season 288 - Awesome Mix Volume Uke

So glad to hear that you're doing ok.....though I know the storm is still causing more than enough damage. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you again. Someone just tweeted a 10-second video of a few houses in Port A, including my mom's. It's still standing, and it's elevated on stilts, so it should be okay. Here at my house, the wind picked up pretty good (or bad, I guess). Snapped at least one tree off several feet above the ground but it didn't hit anything. The tree that broke off is the one just to the left of the pile of bricks in my video. Also the little decorative windmill finally blew over.

Last edited:
Here it is then. That rare bird - a Berni Cover. My favourite song on the list we were given.... Sam Cooke's soulful ballad of regret over a relationship split: "Bring it on Home to Me"
......featuring a frenetic 8 string Tenor Ukulele and some very primitive lead guitar on my lovely little Ibanez G10 Mikro electric guitar.

What else might Sam have achieved had he not been shot dead in a motel room, eh? That's a question for the time traveller from my other contribution this week ;)

The comic book Blue Monday inspired me to write this song. While I chose one of the non-supernatural story arcs, I'm hoping the overearnest tone makes up for the lack of science fiction in the lyrics.

Just finally catching up on the weekend, there's been some fantastic performances in the last couple of days including a Seasons debut and a rare (and brilliant) Berni cover!

Just a few hours to go for this week and hopefully a wrap up vid at the end of the day!

Right, that's the end of the Season, we had 50 entries into the Awesome Mix playlist, 30 on the bonus list, and some great songs.

I'm really happy with how varied all the covers of the same songs turned out, and the standard was so high that Louise and I struggled to pick 3 from my top 10, so she's agreed to make two extra Groots and send those out as prizes. Here's the shortlist, in no particular order:

Awesome Mix Shortlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHZbn23U0fdJqWeecB4QPCNhBr_RTXRZe

The winners of the Groots are:

Pabrizzer - Spirit in the Sky. Outstanding bluesy reworking of that song, smoother playing than you could ever wish for

Uke4ia - Mr Blue Sky - This is a really hard song to play and Jim just blazed through, including all the solos, keeping the original tempo and the the coda with the mellotron was just majestic. Heroic effort.

Rex - Go All the Way - I requested Wham Bang Shang-a-Lang, which Rex played superbly but he hit another notch with this one. The playing in particular was really impressive.

Alan's - Surrender - Alan played so much great music this week it was hard to single out just one but his version of Surrender was just a joy to watch.

Birds Eye View - Fox on the Run - Lynda's another person I gave a shout out too, asking for Cherry Pie, which was great, but then she pulled it out the bag with this one and rocked it to within an inch of its life. Yeah baby!

I also mentioned there would be a prize for the bonus playlist. This one has to go to Berni for his fabulous time travel song, and in honour of the Doctor Who reference, Louise has agreed to crochet you a Tardis Berni.

So congrats to all the winners, please PM me your addresses and I'll get the prizes sent out. Obviously 2 Groots and a Tardis are yet to be made so there may be a delay on that.

In the meantime please do go back and listen to the playlists again, there were some great entries, particularly late on, and if anyone would be interested in actually commissioning Louise for some crochet, please check out her Instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/louisebridgettblake/

Thanks so much for a real fun week Ryan.
A highlight for me was seeing and hearing YoungRAB in your season opening vid and seeing young Sal with Ralf late in the season.
Great to see our young seasonistas growing and making seasons appearances!

Well done to those winners - and honoured to make the top 10 in such a great week.:shaka:

Thanks for the kind words guys! Still need addresses from Lynda, Rex and Berni

Fantastic fun week of songs Ryan. I loved this theme.

Congratulations to all the special deserving winners :)

Greetings,

Sorry I missed it. Just watched Guardians 2 and it was cool. Love baby groot.

Ciao.

Hey guys!

All the Groots have been posted today, just waiting on Berni's address for the Tardis now.

Top Bottom