FS - Kala KA ASOV-T tenor. All solid. Fishman AG passive pickup. Mint. UK seller.

ErnieElse

Reaction score
This beautiful tenor has a solid Spruce top, solid Ovangkol (African Rosewood) back and sides with a beautiful grain, smooth as silk matt-finished mahogany neck, open Grover tuners and "fruit of the vine" inlaid headstock.

I bought it 18 months ago and about nine months ago I had a very high quality Fishman AG passive ukulele pickup installed by a professional luthier. It is a totally passive pickup so there has been no cutting into the sides to install a preamp or anything like that. It should not be confused with one of those cheap active pickups installed in many low end ukes. I thought long and hard about which pickup to choose and decided I did not want electronics inside so picked the Fishman over either a Misi or a Baggs.

It has barely been played since purchase and is in mint "as new" condition. It is one of several ukes I am selling as they are not getting played with my time and effort going into guitar. It is strung with Worth clear C, E & A strings and a Worth brown low G string.

Brand new the instrument costs £230, the pickup £110 and the installation £40 so that is £380 in total. I am asking £250 including next day postage to the UK. It is a complete bargain for somebody.

I am in Yorkshire UK and would prefer to sell to the UK. Any sale to North America is a non-starter due to shipping costs.

As proof that I can be trusted please see the two threads below where recent purchasers give me glowing references.

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...bacco-Sunburst-Mint-condition-UK-based-seller

http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...ahogany-with-cutaway-Mint-condition-UK-seller

Thanks for looking.

Ernie

IMG_0500.jpgIMG_0501.jpgIMG_0503.jpgIMG_0507.jpg

Last edited:
I have a gob of ukes, this is a tie for my favorite. these are amazing regardless of the bargain price.

I have a gob of ukes, this is a tie for my favorite. these are amazing regardless of the bargain price.

I agree. The little KA-ASOV-S sop I have is a sound-monster. Big volume and sustain goes on and on...

that's funny, I too had to have the S because the tenor was so good. The S is a little dynamo!

Many thanks for the comments. It's a fantastic instrument with a top quality pickup at a great price. In all honesty if I could sell all but one of my ukes then this is the one I would keep. But reality dictates that I sell those which are most saleable and keep those which are less so. Somebody will get a bargain.

Last edited:
I have just purchased a distinctive, loud and very cool Deering Banjo Concert Uke from this seller.

This is the second Uke that I have bought from 'Ernie' and once again his accurate description, fast and secure posting, excellent packaging and good communications made him a delight to trade with.

If you are in the market for a Uke then I can confirm he is an honest and honourable person and gets my wholehearted endorsement.

Regards
Dave

Thanks Dave.

I thought this uke had sold to a guy in Greece but he saw something elsewhere that he preferred. It is a complete bargain for anyone in the Eurozone due to the weakness of Sterling.

A real bargain for someone. This listing will be pulled if my Ohana TK42 listing sells first. I want to keep one of these two instruments and will be governed by which one sells first.

Last edited:
Top Bottom