Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Would you hang your ukulele?

Quote Originally Posted by perep View Post
    Just a tray of water with cover will solve this problem. The water just evaporates in cabinet? Seems like it is too simple. I have the meters in each case like yours and have not so far had this problem
    Sorry, I wasn't clear, the two trays are filled with water, moving the covers allow more or less evaporation as is needed to keep a 45% to 55% humidity level.

Member The CC Strummers: https://www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/videos
    Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, provide ukuleles to kids in hospital music therapy programs.
    Patronize Bruce Wei Arts eBay store/custom shop in Vietnam http://stores.ebay.com/Bruceweiart-M...nstrument-Shop, good products, reasonable price. (Don't heed old reviews, he makes good stuff.)

Thanks for advice

image.jpg

My first Ukulele Wall Mount project completed I can have my lounge seating back now ... Ukes are out of the way, In sight, On display, Ready for Action.
    $10 per hanger, scrap bits of plywood, some acrylic paint .. Total cost $30 AU .. I'm pleased
    Last edited by Dean Beaver; 08-30-2017 at 07:16 PM.

Nice work, Dean, I found that I picked up my uke a lot more when it was readily available on a stand, & not in a case.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.
    Formerly known as uke1950.

Thanks.
    Yes I'm liking it, as I thought I would.
    I keep my Tenor in the case and often just grab one of these for a quick melody, as long as they are tuned it's just a simple grab and play scenario.
    Looks good too.
    It's all about Happy Ukeing.

Quote Originally Posted by pix.fairydust View Post
    Hi everyone,

What are your views on hanging your (most expensive) ukulele? I don't trust wall mounts but have the parachord ukulele hangers from ukulelehangers.com and am thinking about hanging mine from a metal bar I have in this little cubby like area in my bedroom...

All opinions welcome!
    Surely there is no easy answer that is going to always be right or wrong, it's so situational.

How expensive is your most expensive Uke and is that cost significant to you? Is a particular Uke special to you and irreplaceable? Might others in your household mistreat a Uke left out on display or is there potential for accidental damage? Do you (not everyone does) actually live somewhere where changes in humidity are significant?

Personally I would be happy to hang any and all my Ukes on a wall and have a Uke left out ready to play by my chair all of the time. The rest are bagged or boxed but that's more about being space efficient that anything else. My Ukes are all laminates so are hardy and relatively inexpensive, there is zero chance of the hanger failing (it's so strong compared to the weight of the Uke) and I'd rather take the minimal risk of accidental damage to an instrument than hide it away. If you have a solid instrument and live somewhere where humidity fluctuations matter then casing it is sensible but otherwise let your Uke hang and enjoy its availability.
    Last edited by Graham Greenbag; 08-31-2017 at 10:54 PM.

If it's expensive like a Kamaka, only if you had a controlled environment with proper humidity, otherwise you better have it stored in a proper case with humidification packs like D'addario's Planet Waves Two Way Humidification System!
    Last edited by AlohaKine; 08-31-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Thread Information