Maui Music Pre-fire Solid Kia tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ernie

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD!
I've written a number of times about Peter Lieberman's ​ukuleles. I think he is among the best of the contemporary builders, and this 14-fret tenor is a beautiful example of his ​pre-fire ​work. Currently strung with Worth clear strings, this uke is loud with excellent sustain. ​Every Maui Music sound board is hand tuned for optimum sound. This tenor was built in Lahaina Hawaii, before Peter relocated to the Mainland. Body is made entirely from solid Hawaiian Koa with a striking golden color and beautiful figured grain. The neck is shaped from Honduran mahogany​ and the​ ​saddle​ ​and fretboard​ are rosewood​.​​ The fretboard ​is radiused ​for unparalleled ease of playability​, all the way up the neck​. A​part from some finish scratches (mostly in the strumming area of the upper bout), this uke is in ​extremely minty condition. It is a head-turner, as I hope the photos will show. You could pay twice my asking price to order a uke with this type of Koa and appointments, but you'd be hard pressed to find a better made uk​ulele​. I've bought many tenors over the years, but ​I'm really a soprano guy at heart and the tenor size just never seems to take. What's more- I have two boys of college age and another nipping at their heels, so it's time to do some serious thinning​ of my collection.
SOLD! Thanks UU!
As always- please feel free to email any questions, and ​thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 118
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Oops! $730 + actual shipping. Post has been edited. Thanks Sam13!

And for those who don't speak Autocorrect, Kia=Koa. 8^P

Last edited:
What is the nut and saddle made of? Nisbthe bridge a tie or hitch bridge? Can't really tell from the pics. Beautiful uke.

Hi M3Ukulele - The nut is plastic and the saddle is made of rosewood.
I have no idea what those bridge terms mean, but hopefully this photo will clarify.
Thanks for the questions!
Ernie
Bridge.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Peter.
So sorry guys. I tried posting a couple ukes and fielding questions during an extremely hectic day at work. Clearly that wasn't a good idea. I'm normally not so careless with my info (mislabeling the nut material) or my spelling.

In seeking to verify building materials and fill in the gaps of my own knowledge, I referenced this listing (which is where the mistake about the rosewood nut came from):
https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/maui-music-koa-tenor-t4k-4047.html

I also learned from Peter that this particular ukulele was built in 1998 (Thanks Peter)!
Anyone who has done business with me here on the forum can vouch for my character and the accuracy and conscientious nature of my listings. Thanks all!

Anyone who has done business with me here on the forum can vouch for my character and the accuracy and conscientious nature of my listings. Thanks all!

I've had the pleasure of transacting with Ernie and he gets the Ukulele Eddie Seal of Approval! ;-)

Sorry, long day when I wrot that and I'm always amazed what my one finger typing gives mi from iPad. Ha ha. Question answered. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom