hard shell case for Blueridge tenor?

ripock

Reaction score
hi,

I just bought my first steel-stringed instrument. I imagine my fingers are in for a world of hurt. Anyway, I got a Blueridge br-40 because its fret markers were on the correct (for a ukulele player) frets. I will obviously need to get a hard shell case and another oasis humidifier.

Does anyone have any recommendations on such as case (under $150)?

Congragulations on a fine instrument. I am assuming it is the four string Blue Ridge BR40T tenor guitar??? I have one and love it. I have a giig bag for mine but I know there is a hardcase made specifically for the instrument, it shares the body size and shape of a Taylor GS mini guitar.

yeah, although I had previously found the tenor guitar too be a bit shrill to my ukulele-trained ear, I thought I needed to make a jump and complete my arsenal of four-stringed instrument. To be honest I wanted something with a little more mojo, like a 50's Harmony or something, and something that wasn't spruce...but this one popped into my life at a price I couldn't refuse. Even my wife seemed relieved when I broke the news to her; she was probably anticipating a $3200 Koolau redwood tenor--so for her, this is a deal!

yeah, although I had previously found the tenor guitar too be a bit shrill to my ukulele-trained ear, I thought I needed to make a jump and complete my arsenal of four-stringed instrument. To be honest I wanted something with a little more mojo, like a 50's Harmony or something, and something that wasn't spruce...but this one popped into my life at a price I couldn't refuse. Even my wife seemed relieved when I broke the news to her; she was probably anticipating a $3200 Koolau redwood tenor--so for her, this is a deal!

I have three tenor guitar a keep all of them tuned DGBE. I have found medium gauge strings, especially larger diameter trebles takes the shrill sound out of this instrument. Diameters I like following DGBE .035", .025", .016", .013" or .012". I buy single strings from String by Mail, it's cheaper and easier to experiment this way.

the guitar arrived today and it is pretty awesome. I'm having some issues with how to hold it. The upper bout seems to be in my way. Once I put some strap buttons on, that will take care of that. The dynamics are something novel. I can be gentle or strum vigorously and get a lot of sound. However the skin above my cuticle is a little sensitive. I need to beware of those metal strings. It came with a pickup. I threw on some gain and overdrive and messed around a bit.

I have a Blueridge tenor guitar. (It was the first of four that I now own.) It came with a hard case, and when I get home I can check to see if the hard case has a manufacturer name and model number on it. If it does, I'll post them for you.

My tenor guitars all have strap buttons, and using a strap makes them a lot easier to hold. The size of a Blueridge tenor guitar takes a little getting used to, but I can hold and play my tenor guitars comfortably now. For what it's worth, they're all tuned DGBE, so that I wouldn't have to learn new chord shapes.

I have the same model. The case, which is a perfect fit, is a Golden Gate C-1511. It's $109.95 from Amazon.

Top Bottom