Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: James Hill Duets for One book

Default James Hill Duets for One book

Has anyone gotten this book? I just saw it on Amazon but it says it's out of stock. Seems like a good chord melody book.

https://www.amazon.com/Jumpin-Jims-U.../dp/1540003043
    Baritone
    Rebel #3 Spruce/Rosewood

Tenor
    Mya-Moe #1976 Master Grade Koa Classic

Concert
    Kamaka Tiki Gold Label || Pohaku Koa/Maple Concert 10

Long Neck Soprano
    Asturias Super Soprano Spruce/Rosewood || Gerard Guasch #14 Pineapple Mezzo Soprano

Soprano
    Romero Creations XS Soprano Spruce/Koa || Risa Solid Uke Stick

Sopranino
    Koaloha Noah

I don't think it has been released yet. I first saw it about a month ago on the FMM site. It has said coming in August, but in the description it mentions copies available in September. I have been looking forward to it.

"COMING SOON! Ukulele Masters: James Hill—Duets For One. Duets for One is a collection of 15 ingenious solo arrangements by Canadian ukulele master, James Hill. Each arrangement is comprised of two distinct parts—melody and accompaniment—that you'll learn to play simultaneously on a single ukulele! The 15 songs include classics by George Gershwin, Irving Berlin, Hank Williams, Coldplay and others. Arranged for reentrant GCEA tuning, all songs include ukulele tablature as well as music notation and most can be performed with a simple thumb-picking technique. We expect to have copies sometime in September. Stay tuned!"
    Last edited by WCBarnes; 08-28-2017 at 04:58 AM.
    Main players:

Soprano: Laughlin 2K | Maui Music Deluxe Mango

Concert: Collings UC2 | Talsma Style 3 | 16" Ono | Ono Pineapple | Blackbird Clara

Tenor: Collings UT3SMB

Baritone: LoPrinzi

I want to thank you for posting this. I was unaware of this book coming out, and I am now very interested.

James Hill is one of my musical and ukulele heroes, so this is definitely something I want to buy when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    I want to thank you for posting this. I was unaware of this book coming out, and I am now very interested.
    I second this. Thanks for mentioning it!

FWIW, the arrangements are for re-entrant tuning...
    http://www.ukuleletonya.com
    http://www.uketreasures.com

Lucky owner of a custom LoPrinzi soprano and two MooreBettah tenors; don't I have a great husband???

Oooh! Looks like a really good one! September release? Just around the corner!
    Cocobolo Pineapple #1
    Ohana Sopranissimo
    Maccaferri Islander
    Harmony Soprano
    D. Heilman ULO #7 Concert
    Mainland Cedar Baritone
    Kala Elite Custom Lebanese Cedar Tenor
    Kanilea K-1 SC
    Bonanza Retro Mint Pear Tenor
    Druid Moon Koa Tenor
    Primrose Cedar/Maple Soprano
    Flea Lava Soprano
    Outdoor Amethyst Soprano
    Cocobolo Cedar Top Tenor
    1933 Martin 1K Soprano

The publication date is a bit sketchy, it's not even released at the publisher's shop (fleamarketmusic). But it should be, really soon.

Hill is not only an excellent player, he's also very good in teaching stuff - breaking it down, showing relatively simple things that make complicated music). The version of Freight Train in F does look conspicuously a lot like the arrangement in Ukulelezaza's books, but that's a credit to the song.

I "looked inside" at Amazon. Wow, tabs for every song. If you're a Ukulele Way student like me, you know from those books that JH gives you tab for a song only if he decides you need it!

Doing the Ukulele Way as well. I enjoy his teaching style enough that I'll probably pick this up as well. Very cool!

Thanks for posting. I was not aware but will order it next prime order we do. Looks to be rally good. James is great.

Thread Information